Wave Alchemy has just announced its latest product, and it's a monster! Bassynth is a brand new Kontakt instrument for making any kind of bass you can imagine. We got an early look and a chance to try it out for ourselves - you can read our exclusive review here: https://ask.audio/articles/review-wave-alchemy-bassynth. Here's what the developers say about it.
Welcome to the future of bass production! Wave Alchemy's new Bassynth is a powerful bass instrument aimed at anyone after the best in bass: from deep, down and dirty analogue tones, to organic and evolving basslines for creative sound design. At its heart, Bassynth has a powerful hybrid engine fuelled by a pristine 10GB library of lovingly-recorded, multi-sampled sound sources, oscillators and rich and diverse wavetables.
Bassynth's sounds are created with up to four voices. Choose from 800 pristinely-recorded sources (with everything including the deepest 808s, epic live brass sections, designed bass guitars and tortured percussion), oscillators, or over 200 wavetables (including analogue, digital, complex and aggressive types). Each of the four voices has its own filter (six types), resonance, envelope and mix controls. There's full access to different source parameters to help create huge, rich and analogue tones, or explore vast and deep wavetable sound design thanks to 14 wavetable distortion shaping algorithms.
An incredibly hands-on Performance page allows you to audition the 290 factory presets, and mix between or change the four sources. Bassynth also has a powerful drag n drop macro system where up to eight macros – each with up to eight parameters assigned to it – can be created. Control these in Bassynth's Performance page, morph between the synth parameters or modulations in real time using the main X-Y sliders control, and record or automate everything using your host DAW.
The eight macros can also be sequenced and controlled using Bassynth's very flexible Polystep Motion Designer. Draw in changes, choose from 36 different sequences or simply randomise each lane. Create gradually evolving sweeps, dramatic stuttering effects, or complex polyrhythms with a huge range of options – including changing lane lengths and time signatures – to give your bass tones an unrivalled dynamic and sonic interest.
Finally, add a fully-featured modulation section, six insert effects per voice, plus a further six master effects, and Bassynth really does offer everything you need for powerful and creative bass, in any genre.
Wave Alchemy Bassynth Main Features
- Layer up to four sound sources, oscillators or wavetables per Bassynth sound
- 800+ beautifully crafted multi-sampled sound sources
- 290 factory presets
- Dynamic Preset Browser and Sound Source Browser, each with three levels of Tag filtering to make finding sounds quick and easy (and Favourites list)
- Clever XY Pad for morphing between macros and parameters to create complex movements and changes to the sound
- Six unique filter types available per voice / layer, each with multiple slope and pole settings, plus a dedicated high-pass filter per voice
- Seven Analogue modes that utilize up to 8 round robins per sound source
- Eight voices of Unison, per voice / layer, with detune, randomize, stereo spread and mix controls
- Dedicated Wavetable engine with 200+ scannable custom built wavetables, including multiple warp modes
- Polyrhythmic Motion Designer - Sequence anything via the macros for complex modulation. Each lane can have its own length and time signature, as well as randomization and much more
- Modular effects system. - Each of Bassynth's 4 voices / layers has a customizable effects section, each with 6 inserts per voice, plus master and send effects.
- Powerful Drag and Drop macro system. Any 8 parameters can be assigned to each macro, and and up to 8 macros
- Mix page with send effects, visual volume meters and stereo widening effects
- Tone page with smart EQ (another XY Pad), saturation and Lo-Fi.
Read our exclusive review of Bassynth: https://ask.audio/articles/review-wave-alchemy-bassynth
Price: MSRP: £149.95.
INTRO OFFER! 20% off for first 4 weeks, so £119.95
More about bass synthesis: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=new-releases
Want to join the discussion?
Create an account or login to get started!