SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • April 15, 2015 — Universal Audio is proud to introduce an all-new line of Apollo audio interfaces for Mac Thunderbolt users. With next-generation A/D and D/A conversion, new monitoring functions, Thunderbolt cascading of up to four interfaces, and Realtime UAD Processing — all housed within a sleek, black aluminum package — the new Apollo interfaces push the standard forward for professional music recording and production.
New Apollo Interface Shared Features:
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion improves upon the original gold-standard Apollos
- Onboard UAD-2 DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing — record through plug-ins from Lexicon, Studer, Manley, Ampex, UA, and more at near zero latency*
- Unison™-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs (Apollo 8p and Apollo 8) for tracking through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio
- Thunderbolt 2 audio interfaces (Mac only) allow cascading up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Softube Amp Room, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
Now shipping worldwide, Apollo 8 (US$1,999 w/ UAD-2 DUO Processing; US$2,499 w/ UAD-2 QUAD Processing) features four Unison™-enabled mic preamps and Hi-Z inputs for tracking through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. Also included are new convenient front panel monitoring functions such as Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono.
Shipping in Q2, Apollo 8p (US$2,999 w/ UAD-2 QUAD Processing) features eight Unison™-enabled mic preamps, allowing recordists to track larger projects through classic preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio. Apollo 8p also includes new convenient front panel monitoring functions such as Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono.
Also shipping in Q2, Apollo 16 (US$2,999 w/ UAD-2 QUAD Processing) features 16x16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors, dedicated XLR monitor outs, and stereo AES/EBU digital I/O — ideal for producers and engineers needing Realtime UAD Processing and world-class A/D and D/A conversion for their recording consoles and outboard preamps.
Finally, Universal Audio is pleased to announce Apollo FireWire (US$1,999 w/ QUAD Processing). Shipping in Q2, Apollo FireWire continues to offer Windows and legacy FireWire Macs Apollo’s gold-standard A/D and D/A conversion, Realtime UAD processing, and 4 Unison™-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio.
Learn more about the new line of Apollo audio interfaces:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: