There's not much we can add at this stage without trying it out and experiencing its success at separating instruments. We'll do our best to get hold of a review unit of Zylia and give it a full test. In the meantime, here's the official press release from the good folks at Zylia.
The revolution is finally here! ZYLIA is the world’s first Portable Recording Studio that allows multi-track recording and separation instruments. Now, you can see for yourself how it works, because it’s finally available for pre-order.
Music band recording is a difficult task which requires audio engineering knowledge and a lot of equipment such as microphones, cables, stands, mixers and sound registering devices. Such equipment set is expensive and it is time consuming to set it up properly.
Due to these difficulties musicians often choose to use a smartphone to record their band rehearsal. Unfortunately, the quality of such recording is insufficient and the recording is not useful in further post-processing. The fact that there is currently no easy tool for rehearsals recording makes it difficult to capture the moment and improve music skills when playing in a band.
ZYLIA fills that gap! It’s a state-of-the-art audio recording system which packs microphones, cables, mixers into one compact device. Just place it among musicians and record you rehearsal.
Specially designed spherical microphone will capture your unique performance. Cloud processing extracts tracks of individual instruments and vocals. You can mix them to produce a demo recording ready for sharing.
- High quality audio recording with 19 microphone capsules
- LED ring status indicator
- 48 KHz / 24 bit recording
- USB connectivity
- Easy to deploy
- Number of simultaneously recorded tracks / sources: Unlimited
- Automatic separation of recorded sound sources
- Automatic removal of background noises
- Recording time: 1.2 GB / hour (ZYLIA lossless compression, 44.1 kHz, 16 bit),
- 0.2 GB / hour (OGG, 44.1 kHz, 16 bit)
- A/D conversion: 24 bits, 44.1 / 48 kHz
- Microphones: multi microphone array, Gain adjustment: -12dB to +32dB (0.5dB step)
Price: $999 (inc. ZYLIA ZM-1 microphone - ZYLIA Studio Application (with lifetime updates) - ZYLIA Cloud (1 hour of recordings processing per month for free for the first 12 months)
You can learn more here: https://zylia.co/