Hailing from Auckland, New Zealand, Synthstrom Audible are on the verge of releasing their first product, Deluge. And this 12 RGB pad subtractive & FM synth and sequencer with built-in effects has certainly got our interest!
For starters it looks like a Novation Circuit on steroids (and with sexy wood side panels). But when you start trawling through the specs is when the real excitement hits.
Aside from the list below there are precious few details available on Synthstrom’s Deluge. What we do know is you’ll be able to pre-order from Oct 25th, though pricing hasn’t been released yet either… Additionally they are holding a launch party in Auckland on Oct 22nd. Details HERE.
Deluge Features Overview
- Piano-roll-style sequencing on 128 full RGB pads (16x8) with scrolling and zooming.
- Full-featured Internal synthesizer engine (subtractive and FM).
- Plays samples from SD card (up to 32GB SDHC).
- Sequencing limited only by device RAM (many thousands of notes).
- Polyphony limited only by CPU. Typically around 48 synth voices or 64 unaffected sample voices may play.
- 64MB of sample ram - work with up to 12 minutes (if mono) of CD-quality samples at once.
- Live adjustment of synth and effect parameters with two endless-turn encoders with LED level-meters. Easy buttons to select the functions these control.
- Advanced syncing capabilities. Weird time signatures supported. Adjustable swing.
- Dedicated volume and tempo knobs.
- LFOs and envelopes on each synth / sample. Highly customizable patching matrix.
- Synthesizer engine features LPF / HPF, arpeggiator, portamento, oscillator sync, ring modulation, unison detune, and more. Four basic waveforms, or select any WAV file from the SD card.
- FX including delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, bitcrushing, sidechain effect, live stutter, and more.
- Keyboard mode, where the pads become a live instrument on a 2d grid.
- Internal speaker, rechargeable Li-ion battery, and microphone.
- Mic and line inputs.
- Two ¼” line outputs, and 3.5mm headphone output.
- 2x CV outputs. 0 - 10V, individually configurable to 1, 1.2, 0.26 or 0.32 volts per octave, or to hertz per volt.
- 4x gate / trigger outputs individually configurable to v-trig or s-trig, with shared voltage switchable between 5V and 12V. Trigger clock output configurable, up to 192 PPQN.
- Trigger clock input, also with adjustable PPQN.
- MIDI input and output via hardware connectors or USB.
- Powered via USB or 9 - 12V centre-negative (pedal-style) power supply (500mA) (not included).
- User-upgradeable firmware - expect updates from Synthstrom Audible.
- Dimensions: 305mm x 208mm x 46mm (12 x 8.2 x 1.8 inches).
And much more…