Sugar Bytes has released Factory for iPad, which is a modular synthesizer for complex and organic sounds. Free to download, it features in-app purchases to unlock various functions and tools. Here's a video that shows off some of its sounds.
Factory sports a big modulation matrix with all kinds of features to create a wildlife of sounds. A vast array of DSP is ready to play. Analog style oscillators and filters, but also different flavors of wavetable synthesis, Wavetable driven Waveguide resonators and a 3-FX-Chain in a dynamic signal flow. With the Morph crossfader, sounds can be changed drastically, but always musically. The Preset Browser with tags and rating makes finding sounds easy and fun.
- Poly Synth with Mod-Matrix and Sequencers
- 2x10 Oscillator Engines
- Sub-Oscillator with Ringmodulation
- Noise Generator with 5 colors
- 8-voice VA-Sync, Wavetable, Waveguide & Fractal Synthesis
- 8x10 Mod Matrix with 36 targets
- Morph Fader, 2 States & Copy/Paste
- Envelopes and LFOs
- Sample & Hold Modul
- 4x Sequencers for all kinds of Gates and CV's, incl. 36 motion curves, uni/bipolar.
- Arpeggiator, Intonation engine, Scale Quantizer
- 11 Filter models & 3x Multi-Effect with drag 'n' drop signal flow
- Audio Unit v3 & Standalone
- Virtual, Network, External & Bluetooth MIDI
- Ableton Link
- MIDI Learn & Host Automation
- Preset iCloud Sync
- Preset Share
Price: Full Version: 17,99$ / 19,99€
It is free to download and will have in-app purchases to unlock Audio Unit, Save & Session Restore, iCloud Sync... plus more than 400 presets.