Reshuffle from Sinevibes is a new Audio Unit plug-in for the Mac that uses some clever algorithms to change the timing and feel of audio parts in reatime without needing them to be rendered down or physically sliced up first. It's an intriguing concept, as it would seem to make audio as malleable as MIDI in terms of its timing but without the traditional processing that usually needs to be applied first.
Here's what the developers say about it.
"Reshuffle by Sinevibes is an effect plugin for real-time swing manipulation. At its core is a sample-precise timing engine that divides incoming audio into three layers, and some really clever processing is then used to stretch odd steps while shrinking even ones, changing the rhythmical swing feel – completely in real time. Reshuffle has zero output latency and can smoothly adjust swing without any clicks, making it an extremely handy new audio sculpting tool for both studio production and live performance.
Reshuffle has a graphic interface with real-time displays for input and output waveforms, giving you a precise picture of how it operates. With clever use of color coding and subtle animations, Reshuffle is as effective as it is fun and enjoyable to use – something you'll find in every Sinevibes plugin."
- Real-time adjustment of swing ratio in input audio.
- Zero latency, zero spectral artifacts.
- Advanced host synchronization with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Real-time graphics for input and output waveforms.
- Color-coded controls with lightly animated transitions.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OS X 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.