Overloud releases OTD-2, the recreation of a unique analog processor which delivers modulating tap delays along with sound widening effects. 6 analog bucket-brigade delays can be individually switched and panned to create custom delay patterns. The original unit become famous thanks to artists like Jimmie Vaughan and Allan Holdsworth which used it as their secret weapon.
- Faithful recreation of the original sound-widening tone
- 6-tap delay on each channel with independent panning control
- Stereo operating mode with separate controls for the left and right
- Dual-mono, Stereo and Reverb modes allow to create wider soundscapes
- Extended delay time, with BPM sync option
- User adjustable bucket-brigade tone coloration
- Dual LFO circuit with an adjustable sweep rate
- Multilevel undo-redo
- A/B Comparison
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel
Beyond The Original Hardware
OTD-2 extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing.
- 6 Stereo Taps: 6 delay taps can be assigned for the left and right cannels separately, as well as switched on/off. The head positioning can be tweaked as well.
- Stereo and Reverb modes: in addition to the mono mode, the delay regeneration can be stereo-reversed (Cross mode) and taken from multiple taps (Verb mode) in order to create a reverb-like decay.
- Extended Delay Time: the maximum delay time is extended from 55mSec to 1600mSec, with a BPM sync option.
How OTD-2 works
6 stereo bucket-brigade delay units can be independently panned to the left or right channel. A dual LFO circuit modulates the delayed signal to create three-dimensional layering effects. A flexible regeneration circuit adds sonic character by allowing flanging and creative resonances effects. The delay taps can be set to a non-harmonic configuration for sound-widening and reverb-like tones, or evenly spaced to create rhythmic patterns. The internal compander circuit adds a unique dynamic to the repetitions.
OTD-2 is available as VST, AudioUnit and AAX plug-ins as well as stand-alone application, 32 and 64 bit for macOS and Windows operating systems.
OTD-2 is available at the introductory price of €79 / $89 until June 10th 2019. The list price is €129 / $139.