Imaginando, the same developer as LK - Ableton & MIDI Controller and TKFX - Traktor FX controller, partnered with the Lisbon-based analog synthesizer repair workshop Analog Repair (www.analog-repair.com) to bring DRC to the market.
DRC is a virtual analog polyphonic synthesizer that recreates the characteristic sound of an analog synthesizer targeting all music makers, from novices to professionals.
DRC recreates the special characteristic of the most cherished analog synthesizers by proving a minimal but powerful set of parameters, for limited but incredible sonic capabilities.
While the sound may invoke the vintage characteristic of an analog synth, the user interface was developed with the 21st century in mind. Large controls, even on a phone-sized screen, allows users to easily interact with synth parameters on a uncluttered interface.
Available on iOS / Android and VST
Following the paradigm of all the existing products, DRC is available for both iOS and Android, smartphone or tablet devices as well as in the VST 2.4 plugin format for both Mac (x64) and Windows (32/64 bit) operating systems.
Cloud Preset Syncing
DRC features a unique cloud preset syncing system that allows a user to save patches to its account and sync with the cloud. This allows the user to later sync the patch with other devices or computer running DRC, hassle free. No more audio exports or dropbox sync.
Besides the common piano keyboard layout, DRC integrates a unique chorder layout that allows users to easily explore chords. In each side of the chorder, a strum area allows to easily play with scales making it easy to achieve beautiful and harmonic sounds.
- Up to 8 voices
- Two main oscillators, one sub-oscillator and one noise source
- Detune, sync and ring modulation
- 4 pole self resonant low pass Ladder Filter
- 2 pole multi-mode filter (LP, HP, BD, NOTCH)
- 2 LFO's and 2 analog modeled envelope generators
- Stereo Tape Delay with time modulation
- Lush Stereo Reverb with modulation and self growing decay
- True stereo, analog modeled multi mode chorus
- Arpeggiator with 4 modes, tempo sync and hold function
- MIDI compatible (in/out/ext sync/clock out)
- Audiobus and Ableton Link ready (iOS only)
Full operation manual featuring synthesis tips available at www.imaginando.pt/products/drc/help
Pricing and Availability
As all Imaginando products, DRC is available as a fully functional 7-day trial. After the trial period, the user can unlock DRC synth engine for 14.99$ (introductory 50% discount price for the first 30 days).