Here's the full press release from Focusrite...
01 June, 2016–Focusrite is proud to announce the launch and worldwide availability of its 2nd generation of Scarlett USB audio interfaces; the number one selling range of audio interfaces in the world. While the I/O count of every interface remains the same, the 2nd generation of Scarlett USB audio interfaces is packed full of improvements. Notably delivering Focusrite’s fastest USB performance yet, with roundtrip latency measurements as low as 2.74ms.*
There are six interfaces in the range, as well as two studio pack bundles, from the two in, two out, single mic preamp Scarlett Solo up to the rack-mounted 18 in / 20 out Scarlett 18i20. The improvements are immediately apparent at first glance, with new metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscoring a host of improvements to the product design. The latest Scarlett mic preamp now features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned with increased headroom so it can handle even seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, guarding the interfaces against unwanted power surges. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates up to 192kHz.
Following the announcement of an alliance between Focusrite and Avid®, Scarlett 2nd generation interfaces will also ship with Avid Pro Tools® | First. Named Focusrite Creative Pack, the exclusive offering features the free version of the industry-standard Pro Tools digital audio software, and 12 additional plug-ins, including the Eleven® Lite for real-life guitar amp emulations and Tape Echo to bring the sound of classic analog delays to mixes. Focusrite and Avid will continue to collaborate closely to ensure that all new Scarlett interfaces are compatible with each new version of Pro Tools, providing the best possible user experience. The joint commitment to testing and the inclusion of the exclusive Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack with every 2nd generation Scarlett interface makes them Perfect Partners for Pro Tools. Also provided are Ableton Live Lite, Softube's Time and Tone bundle, the Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
The bus-powered range of Scarlett 2nd generation interfaces is available immediately, with the Scarlett 6i6, 18i8 and 18i20 following later in June. The Scarlett range is Mac and PC compatible, working across all major DAWs.
*Round Trip Latency (2.74ms) tested at 96kHz on OS 10.11 / Mac Pro with Logic Pro X and buffer size of 32.
Key Features Of The Range
- New Scarlett mic preamps with a more a linear gain structure for accurate setting of levels
- Class leading conversion up to 24-bit / 192kHz and real world dynamic range up to 109dB
- Super Low Latency lets you perform and record using effects in real time. No DSP required
- Newly-designed Instrument inputs, designed to handle seriously hot pick-ups
- Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack with 12 additional plug-ins
- Enhanced Software, including Ableton Live Lite and Softube’s Time and Tone bundle
- Mac and PC compatible, working with all major DAWs
Availability & Pricing
Worldwide June 2016
- Scarlett Solo: MAP $99.99 (Solo Studio Pack: MAP $199.99)
- Scarlett 2i2: MAP – $149.99 (2i2 Studio Pack: MAP – $249.99)
- Scarlett 2i4: MAP – $199.99
- Scarlett 6i6: MAP – $249.99
- Scarlett 18i8: MAP – $349.99
- Scarlett 18i20: MAP – $499.99