Chicago, IL * November 20, 2014 '"Black Lion Audio, an independently owned company in Chicago, today announced the release of the B12A MKII, a single-channel microphone preamp in the style of an API 312A. All Black Lion Audio products are designed and manufactured in Chicago, Illinois.
Already known for that classic API American rock sound, the MKII version features an upgraded input transformer, higher gain, and lower noise than the original B12A. It also features an output transformer, a Hi-Z input, phantom power, pad, phase, and is housed in a 1U, 1/2 rack chassis.
"The original B12A was very popular, but we were continually being asked by customers to modify them for more gain," commented Nate Bierdeman, Director of Marketing for Black Lion Audio. "So we created the MKII with higher gain and lower noise. This revision also gave us the opportunity to integrate a nicer input transformer, and has resulted in an incredible-sounding preamp with lots of API-style gain."
The B12A MKII will be available at BLA dealers worldwide as of 01 DEC 2014 for a MAP of US $549.
Full B12A MKII specifications:
- Input Impedance: 200Î©
- Pad: 10dB
- Gain (no pad): +26dB to +70dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -120dB
- THD+N: .01% @ +26dB Gain
- .011% @ +40dB Gain
- .049% @ +60dB Gain
- .15% @ +70dB Gain
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 150Î© source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz
- Max D.I. Input Level: +18dBu
- Input Impedance: 500kÎ©
- Pad: none
- Gain: +10dB to +53dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -102dB
- THD+N: .008% @ +10dB Gain
- .01% @ +25dB Gain
- .03% @ +40dB Gain
- .14% @ +53dB Gain
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 600Î© unbalanced source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kH
- Max Output Level: +28dBu
- Output Impedance: 600Î©
- Power Supply: 24VAC, 500mA External Supply
- Product Dimensions: 9.5" x 6.5" x 1.75"
- Product Weight: 3.2 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions: 13" x 11" x 5"
- Shipping Weight: 5.5 lbs