ASCAP hits its centennial milestone on February 13th, 2014. To celebrate, we're looking back on our first century with an interactive website (ASCAP100.com) that explores 100 years of ASCAP in 100 days. The site spans ASCAP's entire history and looks ahead to our future, showing how we continue to make it possible for music to touch the lives of millions, all around the world.
- An interactive timeline that will reveal one year in ASCAP's history (starting today with 1914) each day for the next 100 days, telling our story with photos, historical facts and influential music
- A short film debuting soon called Why We Create Music, directed by Michael Marantz, that captures 15 of today's leading ASCAP songwriters and composers talking about the craft and impact of music. The forthcoming film features Aloe Blacc, Claudia Brant, Carter Burwell, Amy Grant, Josh Kear, Savan Kotecha, David Lang, Lady Antebellum's Charles Kelley & Dave Haywood, Bear McCreary, Ne-Yo, Stargate (Tor Hermansen & Mikkel Eriksen), Dan Wilson and Bill Withers contributing to a collaborative score. View a teaser of the film here.
- Audio interview highlights with all 15 ASCAP members involved with the film, offering deep insight into the heart, soul and mind of the modern music creator
- Coming Soon: a music video for "More Than the Stars," an anthem written by, about and for songwriters and composers. The song was an unexpected result of the recording sessions for our "Why We Create Music" film.
- Coming in December: A Thunderclap crowd-speaking app that will allow visitors to collectively wish ASCAP a Happy 100th Birthday on social media on February 13th, 2014.