Hamamatsu, Japan July. 12, 2018 –Yamaha Corporation today released VOCALOID 5, a comprehensive solution for virtual vocal production. This new software can be downloaded, beginning today, from the official VOCALOID Shop (https://www.vocaloid.com/en/).
“VOCALOID 5 adds virtual vocalists to your music production environment. They can sing your lyrics and melodies in your favorite voices and desired singing styles. Enjoy the experience of being able to edit singing voices however you like” says Yoichiro Saito, General Manager, DMI Division of Yamaha Corporation.
The VOCALOID singing synthesizer makes it possible to easily produce any kind of singing voice you can imagine using just a computer.
For this product, the first new version of the VOCALOID software range released in 4 years, production flow has been drastically overhauled in line with the aim of having today’s diverse music producers incorporate a wider line-up of virtual singers into their music. This new software helps increases speed and efficiency when producing singing voices.
The all new production flow makes it possible to create singing voices as simply as dragging and dropping from a choice of over 2,000 audio and phrase presets. Adjusting singing styles and vocal expressions such as vibrato are also simple to master – just select the icons. It’s possible to create lyrics and melodies from scratch too. With a total of 3 new parameters to control vocal expressions added (making a total of 13), in addition to the standard dynamic and pitch parameters, VOCALOID5 offers finer control of vocal tone, amount of breath, and more. The software also comes pre-loaded with 11 powerful audio effects for vocal tracks, making this product the only one you’ll need for creative work.
To help support artistic expression that suits a wide variety of genres, VOCALOID5 includes 4 voicebanks*, both male and female and in both Japanese and English.
*The voice databases are generated based on human voices. Various voices are available to use via switching voicebanks.
*8 voicebanks are included in the Premium version.
Moreover, to accommodate the diverse workstations of contemporary music producers, VOCALOID5 supports both Windows and Mac operating environments. The ability to coordinate with other music software, plug-ins, and input devices has also been significantly strengthened by allowing VST (Virtual Studio Technology), AU (Audio Units), and external MIDI input capability.
Contemporary music software designed to be a total solution for virtual vocal production in a single application – this is VOCALOID5.
Features & Functions Overview
- Drag-and-drop song creation … Over 2,000 preset phrases & audio
- Allows for realistic vocal expression ... Attack & release effects, emotion tools
- Instant conversion of your desired styles & voices ... Style function
- Fine control of vocal tension and amount of breath ... 3 new vocal expression parameters
- Includes a wealth of voices for every genre ... 4 voicebanks (male & female, Japanese & English)
- Create complete vocal tracks with a single application … 11 kinds of audio effects
- Better external functionality, improved production efficiency ... VST, AU, external MIDI input
- Power up your favorite voices with VOCALOID5 ... Compatible with VOCALOID3 & 4 voicebanks
- Includes support software for Cubase ... VOCALOID 4.5 Editor for Cubase
Comes with 4 voicebanks (male & female, in Japanese & English) - unique singing voices compatible with every genre:
- Amy (Left): Expressive English-language female voicebank, ideal for contemporary singing. The versatile voice boasts natural pronunciation and varied vocal tones, suited to genres from R&B to pop music.
- Chris (Center left): Authentic R&B English-language male voicebank. Capable of singing over a wide range from delicate, soft bass to powerful, sustained high tones.
- Kaori (Center right): Japanese-language female voicebank with a soulful vocal quality. Long vocal sustains make it perfect for powerful singing.
- Ken (Right): Sharp, clear Japanese-language male voicebank, with a light vocal quality ideal for singing J-pop.
Four additional voicebanks included in the Premium version!
VOCALOID5 Premium comes bundled with the VY1 Japanese-language female voicebank, VY2 Japanese male voicebank, CYBER SONGMAN II English-language male voicebank, and the CYBER DIVA II English female voicebank. A total of 8 singers means a wider range of vocal expression.
VOCALOID3 & 4 voicebank compatible: Power up your favorite voices with the expressive power of VOCALOID5
The singing voice libraries of VOCALOID3 and VOCALOID4 can be used as voicebanks. Richer expressions can be achieved by simply applying VOCALOID5 effects.
[Bonus extra] Includes VOCALOID4.5 Editor for Cubase software
The VOCALOID4.5 Editor for Cubase software, capable of importing VOCALOID features into Steinberg's Cubase DAW software – widely used around the world for music production – is included as a bonus extra.
*All VOCALOID5 voicebanks can be used. The functions for editing are the same as in VOCALOID4.New OS and Cubase environments schduled for future release are not supported.
VOCALOID5 Upgrade Editions also available
VOCALOID5 Upgrade Editions are also available for those who have already purchased VOCALOID3 Editor (SE), VOCALOID4 Editor, VOCALOID Editor for Cubase (NEO), or VOCALOID4 Editor for Cubase.
ãƒ»VOCALOID5 Standard, Upgrade Edition / 15,000yen
ãƒ»VOCALOID5 Premium, Upgrade Edition / 24,000yen
ãƒ»VOCALOID5 Standard (Windows & Mac, 4 voicebanks, 25,000 yen)
ãƒ»VOCALOID5 Premium (Windows & Mac, 8 voicebanks, 40,000 yen)