SCOTTS VALLEY, CA â€¢ November 11, 2014 â€" Co-developed with Manley Labs, the UAD Manley Variable Mu Limiter Compressor Plug-In is now available exclusively for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces as part of UAD Software v7.11.
Manley Variable Mu Limiter Compressor Plug-In â€" $299
The Manley Stereo Variable Mu Limiter Compressor has been Manley Labâ€™s flagship compressor since 1994. The Variable Muâ€™s Class-A, tube and custom transformer-driven design epitomizes hand-made boutique craftsmanship. Itâ€™s considered the gold standard among mixing and mastering engineers thanks to its smooth, transparent dynamics control, and ability to add clarity and cohesion to stereo buses or an entire mix.
Developed under Manley Labsâ€™ rigorous scrutiny, the Manley Variable Mu Limiter Compressor plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces is a thorough emulation of this legendary tube limiter, and is based on the coveted â€œ6BA6 T-BAR Tube Modâ€ unit.
â€œAfter months of hair-splitting measurements and listening tests, we are confident and proud of the faithful emulation Universal Audio has made of our revered Manley Variable Mu Limiter Compressor,â€ says EveAnna Manley, President of Manley Labs. â€œThe UA software engineers responded to our observations and scrutiny with eager dedication to make this plug-in one of the absolute best models they have achieved to date. Our ears confirm it.â€
- Transparent Variable Mu tube compression for master fader, sub-groups, and individual sources
- Exclusively licensed by Manley Labs
- Models entire stereo Class A circuit, including custom transformers, input gain, and gain reduction characteristics
- Plug-in only features include Dry/Wet Mix, Controls Linking, and Headroom functions
- Continuous Dual Input, Stereo Output, Threshold, and Attack controls
- Side Chain Filter and L/R or M/S operation
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA â€¢ November 11, 2014 â€" Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v7.11, featuring three new Direct Developer plug-ins â€" the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite, Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor, and the Massenburg DesignWorksÂ® MDWEQ5 plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In â€" $299
Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite Plug-In is an obsessive emulation of the Vertigo Sound VSM-2, beloved by mixing and mastering engineers for its bounty of colorful saturation flavors. The VSM-3 offers innovative controls for expertly targeted harmonic generation, as well as plug-in-only features such as the THD Mixer's Harmonic Balance control and the ability to run the unitâ€™s two harmonic generators simultaneously â€" either in parallel or series â€" giving the user even more tweakability than the original hardware.
- Two sophisticated coloration generators recreated from the Vertigo VSM-2 hardware and authenticated by Vertigo Sound
- 2nd Harmonic FET Crusher for warm saturation or distortion
- 3rd Harmonic Zener Blender for bright, clear, saturation or distortion
- Crusher and Blender can each be applied to specific signal frequency ranges and then further filtered using the Shape control
- M/S decoding and encoding for each circuit allows processing of entire stereo signal, or Mid or Side stereo channels
Vertigo Soundâ€™s VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In â€" $299
The Vertigo VSC-2 Quad Discrete VCA Compressor was Vertigo Soundâ€™s very first product, putting the German company on the map with its genius juxtaposition of vintage sonics and high-tech design. Developed by Brainworx, the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor Plug-In for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces is an exhaustive emulation of this modern classic â€" right down to its four hand-built discrete VCAs â€" delivering legendary compression textures with a modern signal path and controls.
- Faithful recreation of the Vertigo VSC-2's all-discrete VCA compressor circuitry, authenticated by Vertigo Sound
- Provides the rich tonal characteristics of classic compressors with modern mastering-grade audio specifications
- Soft mode for a threshold-related ratio that automatically increases with higher input signal
- Brick mode to operate the VSC-2 as a limiter, effectively cutting off signal peaks
Massenburg DesignWorksÂ® MDWEQ5 EQ Plug-In â€" $299
A unique, ultra-powerful equalizer, the Massenburg DesignWorks MDWEQ5 plug-in provides crystal clear processing at the highest resolutions. A go-to EQ for music, as well as game developers and engineers in film and television, the MDWEQ5 plug-in is accurate, precise, and ear-tuned by the man who invented the term â€œparametric EQ,â€ George Massenburg.
- Created by George Massenburg, the pioneer of parametric equalization
- IsoPeakÂ® function for finding problem frequencies quickly and accurately
- Maximum bit-depth processing with zero coloration and distortion
- Includes two plug-ins; the 5-band MDWEQ5 EQ and 3-band MDWEQ3 EQ
Download UAD Software v7.11 here:
Learn more about the Manley Variable Mu Limiter Compressor plug-in here:
Learn more about the Vertigo Sound VSM-3 Mix Satellite plug-in here:
Learn more about the Vertigo Sound VSC-2 Compressor plug-in here:
Learn more about the Massenburg DesignWorksÂ® MDWEQ5 plug-in here:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: