OK. So this is big news for those using MPC 2 software. Now you can use popular non-Akai brand hardware to control the MPC software! Think of this in another way... you know that Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol you have in your studio... well, Akai MPC 2.2 not only supports it, but even allows you to use it warp audio.
While Native Instruments Maschine 2.7 does offer real-time audio time-stretching, the implementation of audio warp in MPC 2.2 is particularly good and might be of interest to existing Maschine users.
There's plenty more new enhancements and features too. Here's the official press release from Akai Pro on the new software and hardware enhancements for all MPC X and MPC Live models and MPC 2.2:
Cumberland, RI USA (April 16, 2018) — Akai Professional today announced the release of MPC Software 2.2. This major software and firmware update for MPC 2 introduces a number of user-requested features and functionality enhancements. As a result, this update is highly recommended for all current MPC X, MPC Live and MPC Software 2 owners.
NEW MPC 2.2 FEATURES INCLUDE:
- MIDI Learn (Global): MPC Software can now be controlled by external MIDI surfaces other than the MPC, such as keyboards and pad controllers. This includes 3rd-party products.
- MIDI Learn (Project): Automatable parameters (volume, pan, etc.) can now be controlled by external surfaces such as the faders on a MIDI mixer or rotary knobs on keyboard controllers.
- Humanize: Users can now add randomization to the timing or velocity of MIDI events. This is great for grooves that are slightly “out-of-the pocket.”
- Generate Random Events: MPC can generate random melodic and drum patterns across the timeline
- Many more workflow and stability enhancements
"MPC 2.2 advances the user experience in amazing new ways,” said Dan Gill, Akai Pro Product Manager. “The MIDI Learn and MIDI Control features are now available in both standalone and controller modes, introducing all sorts of new workflow and creative possibilities.”
This update is free for existing MPC 2 Software owners. Upgrades from MPC Software version 1 start at $99.99, new purchases from $199.99.
Here's a special 50% discount for new MPC 2 customers. Simply use this code ASKMPC50 during check out: http://www.akaipro.com/products/software/mpc-software
For complete details on new features found in 2.2, visit: http://www.akaipro.com/pages/mpc-2.2-desktop-software-firmware-update