Imagine Line have quietly rolled out the latest update to their very popular DAW, FL Studio. While version 12.4.2 is primarily a maintenance and bugfix update it does include brand new effects for the included visualisation plug-in, ZGameEditor Visualizer.
ZGameEditor Visualizer is a native visualization effect plugin with movie render capability. ZGameEditor Visualizer is based on the free open source ZgameEditor that can be used to create visualization objects for the plugin. It can also be used as a liver performance tool with MIDI controllers. Think of it as VJ software.
Here's what's new in FL Studio 12.4.2:
- FL Studio Mobile - plugin version updated
- Razer Chroma - Support for Ornata Chroma
- ZGameEditor Visualizer - New effect (scenes\RhodiumLiquidCarbon), shown in the image above.
- Patcher - Added plugin favorites menu back
- Copy and paste - text from warning and error messages (useful for support)
- Saving and loading projects - Now faster. Shows progress while saving project.
- Favorites - Tree view option for favorite plugin menus
- Bugfixes - Many! See here for the full list.
In case you haven't come across ZGameEditor Visualizer, here's a couple of videos showing it in action:
Here's how to make a YouTube music video using ZGameEditor Visualiser:
One reason we and many thousands of others love FL Studio is the free lifetime update policy. We can't think of any other DAW (or other software company) that offers this. Hats off to Image Line for continuing with this novel upgrade and update model for their user base.
FL Studio is available in 4 editions: Fruity ($99), Producer ($199), Signature ($299) and All Plugins ($899 USD). See the Feature Comparison here. All editions come with Lifetime Free Updates because we believe you should get what you paid for updated and bugfixed, free for life.
Wondering what's going on with FL Studio for Mac OS? It's still in development. No news to report here yet but you can stay in touch with the latest progress here.