KNOXVILLE, TN, May 3, 2018 — Waves Audio, a leading provider of processing solutions, is now shipping the PRS SuperModels guitar amp plugin. Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith, the Waves PRS SuperModels plugin superbly models three high-end PRS Guitars amp designs: the coveted PRS Archon, the legendary PRS Dallas, and the never-before-released PRS Blue Sierra/V9.
Easy to use, with remarkable tones right out of the box, these models authentically replicate every component of the three exquisite PRS amplifiers. From tubes to circuitry, every detail was painstakingly modeled part by part, using Waves’ Precision Analog Component technology, with Paul Reed Smith himself supplying Waves with the original amplifiers and the full schematics.
PRS Archon delivers a shimmering clean or aggressive overdrive; push it harder and you get glorious distortion. With its lush gain, the PRS Archon is ideal for lead or crunching rhythm, while also offering a clean channel that players of all genres will appreciate.
PRS Blue Sierra/V9: Never-before-released even in its hardware form, this ultra-rare amp was an early original format for the PRS J-MOD 100. Evocative of boutique American guitar amps, it is equally great for clean sounds and for medium-gain overdrive tones. No matter the setting, you’ll find it easy to get a big 3D sound and hard to get a bad one.
PRS Dallas provides the sounds of classic American reverb amps. The all-tube design produces an open, classic tone for huge-sounding cleans, or multiple variations of overdriven sound with natural-sounding reverb. Originally designed by chief PRS Amp Designer Doug Sewell, this highly musical amp offers sweet highs, solid lows and beautiful mid-range tones.
- Superb modeling of three top-of-the-line PRS amplifiers: Archon, Dallas, Blue Sierra/V9
- Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith
- Eight speaker cabinet IRs with automatic IR browser
- Add any third-party speaker cabinet IRs (up to two simultaneously)
- Smart Mix, Phase Fix, & Time Fix controls for perfectly matching any two cabinets
- Exceptional integrated noise gate to filter out amp noise and hiss
- Auto-gain control for maximum performance
- Unique tone-shaping boost not featured in the hardware amps
- Digital tuner sensitive to standard & extended-range guitars
- Use as a plugin in your DAW or as a standalone application
- Designed for studio, home, and live playing (with laptop and audio interface)
- SoundGrid®-compatible for ultra-low-latency performance