WaveDNA is excited to announce a major feature-packed update to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro, featuring workflow improvements and a set of entirely new tools to expand Liquid Rhythm's toolset in fun and flexible ways.
Major New Features:
- The BeatForm Shifter - The new BeatForm Shifter is a simple tool designed to work within selected regions to shift BeatForms to either left or right, allowing users to quickly try subtle new variations and experiment with a BeatForm combination.
- The BeatForm Tumbler - The new BeatForm Tumbler is a powerful and addictive dial interface designed to tumble through the BeatForms in the BeatForm Palette. Target any part of a beat and make four-bar loops more musical without spending hours manually moving notes.
- The Velocity Shapers - Liquid Rhythm’s velocity controllers allow you to set a random range on velocity over a selected set of notes. Now, you can apply increasing and decreasing velocity “shapes” to the notes in each ‘building block’ of rhythm (BeatForms), a powerful update that helps create dynamic changes in your track for a more humanized feel.
Improvements and Updates
- Added key command to switch between ‘pencil’ and ‘paint’ Note Editing modes.
- ReGroover renamed to GrooveMover
- In Max-For-Live bridge mode (a.k.a. Liquid Clips), selecting the Arranger’s channel header will now select regions in the Arranger (as a shortcut).
- Panels in the Molecule Tools bar will now remember their expand / collapse states for each time Liquid Rhythm is launched.
- Moving notes around the Arranger will cause a BarForm pattern to appear as a ghost in empty regions.
- Modifying MIDI Maps is now easier: Input devices can be changed and input channel IDs can be renumbered.
- Shift-clicking on a BarForm in the BarForm list will insert that relatively indexed BarForm into each selected region according to the instrument type in that track.
- Tempo can now be MIDI mapped (and controlled with a MIDI device).
- MIDI mappable commands were broken after 1.2.3 and are now are fixed in 1.3.0
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using the BeatBuilder’s ‘Suggested List’ when a region in the Arranger had been BarForm swapped.
- Fixed issues connecting to the audio engine
- Activation codes would sometimes be invalid if entered with leading / trailing blank space
- In some instances, BeatWeaver would glitch when a region was selected and moved
- In some instances, BeatWeaver would glitch when a BarForm was swapped in a region that was duplicated.
- Fixed bug when selecting multiple notes and dragging to change relative velocity.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the undo history to not be saved when running as a plugin
- Fixed a bug that would cause the audio engine to linger if the user force quit the application launcher.
Looking for more info on the great new tools included in version 1.3? Check out our blog for a great breakdown of the new features, updates, and fixes included. To download the latest update visit the WaveDNA website.