In December 2017 Endorphin.es launched their "Life Is A Trip" contest with modular synth specialist Todd Barton participating as an independent expert. On this trip Todd took a Shuttle System modular synthesizer and traveled all over the world, visiting 5 artists from Russia to India, Japan, Canada and France, and in the process making a trip around the Earth. You can read our review of the Shuttle Control here.
Ask.Audio recently hosted a free MasterClass in which Endorphin.es - who designed the synth - spoke with Todd about his interactions with artists during the trip, his acquaintance with the instrument and his approaches into music synthesis. You can now watch the MasterClass on catchup for FREE - simply click the link below.
What Is SHUTTLE?
- The Endorphin.es SHUTTLE is a unique performance instrument containing 5 Eurorack modules in one single 84hp faceplate
- Shuttle Control (SC)—16 channel USB->MIDI->CV interface with almost infinite possibilities interpreting MIDI events into analogue control voltages—including CV/Gate, random or noise generators, MIDI or tap-clocks, utility LFOs and envelopes
- Furthrrrrr Generator (FG)—dual triangle-core VCO with a waveshaper
- Grand Terminal (GT)—dual voltage controlled gate with 8 resonant filter modes (ladder, diode, lpg, state variable, comb—dual envelope generators (voltage controlled) with looping/AD/ASR with arbitrary voltage to control slope shapes: from EXP to LIN to LOG without stretching the length of a certain slope (GT)—Cabin Pressure audio FX processor with 8 selected effects (GT)
- Cockpit (CP)—4 stereo channel mixer with sidechain ducking
- Gateway (GW)—dual 1+1 utility mixer and auto-tuners to scale, offset and invert voltages
Click HERE to enrol for free and watch this MasterClass where you can learn about Todd's experiences of the SHUTTLE synth and working with different producers around the world.
Learn much more about synthesis in the Ask.Audio Academy: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=new-releases