I'm still scratching my head how we managed to only shoot the Elektron Digitakt at the very end of Superbooth. Perhaps we had such high expectations we wanted to leave the best for last? Well, in this case we think we did just that. This is certainly one of the stars of the show.
The Elektron Digitakt is a drum machine / drum sampler / MIDI sequencer with a truly readble and responsive OLED display, and a user interface design that should cut back on your time learning how to gety making interesting beats.
One of the standout features for me is the probability triggering per step. It suddenly brings intelligent randomness to performing without the need for tons of pre-sequecnced variations and an excellent memory!
As you'd expect Digitakt is Overbridge compatible. We didn't have a chance to test it out here at Superbooth though.
More info on the Digitakt:
- 8 internal audio tracks
- 8 dedicated MIDI tracks
- 1 × Digital multi-mode filter per audio track
- 1 × Distortion effect per audio track
- 1 × Assignable LFO per track
- Delay and Reverb send FX
- Sampling capability
- 64 MB sample memory
- 1 GB +Drive storage
- 2 × ¼” input & 2 × ¼” balanced output
- 1 × High Speed USB 2.0 port
- MIDI IN, OUT and THRU ports
- Overbridge enabled
- Dimensions: W215×D176×H63 mm (8.5×7.2×2.5″) (incl. knobs and rubber feet)
- Weight: approximately 1.45 kg (3.2 lbs)