Read our previous article on the AVP Synth MAD-5 analog drum machine here. Guga Guseyn, the co-creator of MAD-5, tipped us off about the new videos for the MAD-5 drum machine, and we’re glad he did. Hopefully you are too!
This drum machine is different to your 808 or 909 clones. AVP Synth told me the inspiration for MAD-5 comes from 80s drum machines, but "the best thing about it is that to my ears, at least, it is a combination of those," except for the 909.
This video shows the potential of the AVP Synth MAD-5 and no effects have been used during the recording.
Here's what AVP Synth, based in Moscow, tells us about their new hand-built drum machine:
"100% analog drum synthesizer which is inspired by the sounds of the mid 20th century soviet drum machines while having the flexibility, MIDI control and compact package of the 21st century. It consists of 22 knobs, 1 switch and 1 button which allows you to manipulate/control the sound and midi. It also has individual outputs for each of the five drum instruments so you can easily route and process them separately with your external effects especially in a live configuration."
Specifications of MAD-5:
- The method of synthesis: 100% analog synthesis;
- Drum instruments: five (bass drum, snare drum, open hat, close hat, clap);
- Noise Generators: four (for snare drum, open hat, close hat and clap);
- MIDI interface: MIDI In, 16 channels (Midi learn);
- Audio outputs: one mix output (mono 6.3mm jack) and five individual outputs (mono 6.3mm jack);
- Controls: 22 knobs, 1 switch and 1 button;
- External power supply: adapter 15 VAC (included)
For more info concerning manuals, order and etc. please inquire on their website and/or Facebook group page.
Price: We've been told MAD-5 will be € 290 EUR + €60 EUR shipping (for European customers). More info will be on the AVP Synth website once it's been updated…