Voltage Modular is a new virtual modular platform, designed to be the best sounding, most powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use virtual modular instrument available. Aiming to give you the benefits of modular synthesis systems in a purely software format, it has now been updated to version 1.2 which brings some significant upgrades. Here are the details.
"Cherry Audio is very pleased to announce the release of Voltage Modular 1.2, a major upgrade to the Voltage Modular platform. There are a host of new features available that greatly increase the speed and workflow of Voltage Modular."
- Hardware acceleration for much faster drawing & scrolling. Turn on OpenGL support in the preferences, and Voltage Modular will use your computer’s GPU for all of its painting, which can lead to faster scrolling and cable animations with compatible video cards. With this feature, you’ll likely see major performance improvements on Retina Display Macs, and PCs with 4K monitors. (Note: not all video cards offer hardware acceleration.)
- Plug-in hosting. Owners of our Voltage Core package have two new modules, Plug-In Host and Mini Plug-In Host. These modules can host most 64-bit VST2, VST3, and AudioUnit plug-ins. Both modules feature MIDI in and out, 4 audio inputs, 4 audio outputs, and adjustable latency from 32 to 1024 samples. In addition, up to 12 parameters of the hosted plug-in can be automated with CV. Your favorite plug-in effects and instruments can now become part of your Voltage Modular patches
- Favorites icon and category. You can now mark your favorite modules as Favorites, and access them very quickly in a dedicated Favorites panel in the library.
- Module presets. Every module can now save and load its own individual presets. Right-click on any module in Voltage Modular to save the current settings as a preset, or to instantly load a preset. You can also select the new Reset Controls feature to return a module to its default settings.
- Right-click to add new modules. You no longer need to open the Library tab just to add a new module. Just right click on a cabinet and use the new Add Module menu to quickly access your entire module library.
- "All But Current Jack" cable transparency mode. This new cable-transparency mode shows all cables transparently until you hover over any jack. Then, all cables connected to that jack become solid. This new mode is so useful and intuitive, we've made it the new default mode!
Voltage Modular 1.2 is available now! To download it immediately, visit your library at www.store.cherryaudio.com/my/library and download the latest Voltage Modular installer for your platform.
Price: Sale price $99. Regular price $200. Free demo available.