There's so much goodness packed into the UAD 9.1 release. Let's jump right in.
SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog® Multimode Filter Plug-In Collections for UAD-2 and Apollo Platforms
Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.1, featuring the new UA-developed SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog® Multimode Filter Collections.
SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection — $299*
Introduced in 1979, the SSL 4000 E console brought a modern sound to the world, powering more platinum-selling records than any other. Its bold, punchy character and incredible dynamics has made the SSL 4000 a true industry standard and a bastion of modern recording.
In close partnership with Solid State Logic®, Universal Audio proudly unveils the all-new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an exacting end-to-end circuit emulation that goes far beyond UA’s original standard-defining SSL 4000 E Channel Strip plug-in.
UA’s team of engineers dug deep into the SSL 4000 E hardware, faithfully modeling the original preamp’s Jensen input transformers and dbx "gold-can" VCA output section. By capturing the preamp’s signature nonlinear amp behaviors, the new SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection offers all of the expansive, punchy, deep, assertive character of the original hardware.
Owners of UA’s acclaimed Apollo audio interfaces can track in real time with SSL’s vintage analog channel, like having the original hardware. The SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection plug-in also supports Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology, giving Apollo users the SSL 4000 E’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a legendary hit-making console.
*$149 upgrade price from SSL E Channel Strip Legacy plug-in.
SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip Collection Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of SSL’s iconic analog channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Includes Jensen transformer and Input amplifier modeling and other nonlinear circuit behaviors
- Exacting nonlinear circuit emulation of both Type E “black” and “brown” knob channel EQ and filters
- Flexible VCA Compressor range, from transparent to “in your face” aggression
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of the SSL 4000 E’s preamp including precise impedance matching
- DSP-lite SSL E Channel Strip Legacy plug-in included
Moog Multimode Filter Collection — $249*
Moog analog filters have long reigned supreme as the most musical audio filtering circuits ever devised. With its incredibly rich sounds and built in sequencing capabilities, the new Moog Multimode Filter Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces represents a major advancement for electronic music producers and sound designers.
Built for modern sequencer-based song production, the new Moog Multimode Filter XL plug-in — a one year effort between Moog Music and UA — borrows from various incarnations of Moog designs, nailing the essential Moog filter character unlike any software emulation in history.
Along with numerous filter enhancements and an expanded Envelope control, the Moog Multimode Filter XL plug-in features an intuitive, full-featured, four-lane 16-step sequencer, giving electronic and dance producers unlimited creative potential, from melodic and polyrhythmic pattern programing to random chaos and cacophony.
The Moog Multimode Filter Collection also includes the Multimode Filter Legacy and DSP-lite Multimode Filter SE plug-ins.
*$99 upgrade price from Moog Multimode Filter Legacy plug-in.
Moog Multimode Filter Collection Key Features:
- Improved nonlinear filter design including 1-4 pole Slope operation and 20 Hz to 20 kHz Cutoff Frequency
- Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, and Notch filtering with self-oscillation, saturation, and zero artifacts
- Expanded Envelope Attack/Release control, audio rate LFO, and expanded Destination options
- Dual LFOs with independent Rate and Waveform selections plus independent Tempo Sync/Tap Tempo
- Full-featured, 16-step Sequencer with four assignable lanes with Sequence Length, Amount, Glide, plus global Sync and Swing
- Original Moog Multimode Filter Legacy and DSP-lite “SE” version included
Learn more about the UAD Software v9.1 here: www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Learn more about the SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection plug-in here: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/channel-strips/ssl-e-series-channel-strip-collection.html
Learn more about the Moog Multimode Filter Collection plug-in here: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/moog-multimode-filter-collection.html
OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects, Fuchs Overdrive Supreme, and bx_subsynth Plug-Ins for UAD-2 and Apollo Platforms
Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.1. Alongside the new UA-developed SSL® 4000 E Channel Strip and Moog® Multimode Filter Collections, this latest software release features three new plug-ins from UA’s esteemed direct developers — Softube’s OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects, plus Brainworx’s bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer and Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier plug-ins.
OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects — $249
Developed by Softube and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces, the OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In is an exacting emulation of the hard-to-find hardware that quickly gained favor with EDM producers, DJs, and remixers with its lush soundscapes, distortion, waveshaping, and pitch-shifting effects.
The OTO BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In allows for creative mangling of sources on a bit-per-bit level. Users can invert or mute individual bits for a wide range of classic to twisted lo-fi effects, add chiseled crunch to kick and snare drums for instant character, or dial down the sample rate clock to generate funky, trashy textures on any instrument.
OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of this unique, modern lo-fi effect featuring both the digital and analog circuits
- Versatile 8-bit crushing with individually switchable and invertible bits
- Analog stereo multimode filter with resonance control
- Brain-mode features 4 different lo-fi effects: Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch-Shifting, and Step-Filter sequencer
- Emulated true diode-clipping on input
- Available Exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
Brainworx bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer — $149
Developed by Brainworx, the bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer Plug-In takes its sonic cues from the iconic dbx 120XP Subharmonic Synthesizer*. Born in the days of disco, subharmonic synthesizers helped overcome the low-end limitations of vinyl, giving DJs, sound designers, and club mixers pounding kick drums and booty-shaking basslines that defined dance music.
The bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer plug-in enables producers to easily add massive low-end punch without affecting the midrange. Its third synthesis band extends the upper end of the synthesis range from 56 Hz up to 80 Hz, allowing for the processing of a wider range of sources, from electronic kick drums to bass synths and more.
Brainworx bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer Plug-In Key Features:
- Three-band subharmonic synthesis with individual additive parameter adjustment for adding massive low-end punch without affecting other frequencies
- Dual-mode saturation section with Filtering and Intensity controls
- Mid or Stereo Synthesis Input control allows subharmonics to be generated on either mono or stereo information
- M/S section with Mono Maker and Stereo Width allows precise control over the stereo field
Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier — $149
Developed by Brainworx and officially endorsed by Fuchs Audio Technology, the Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier Plug-In expertly captures all of the “Dumble-inspired” nuance and tube-powered tone shaping of this legendary boutique amplifier and adds 82 high-end recording chains as well as onboard vintage delay, noise gate, and lo/hi pass filters for further tone shaping.
The Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into a Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original “Dumble-inspired” Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50-watt guitar amp
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Fuchs Audio Technology
- 82 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinets, mics, and outboard gear
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Fuchs Overdrive Supreme 50 amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
Learn more about the UAD Software v9.1: www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Learn more about the OTO® BISCUIT 8-bit Effects plug-in: http://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/uad-oto-biscuit-effects-plug-in.html
Learn more about the Brainworx bx_subsynth Subharmonic Synthesizer plug-in: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/brainworx-bx-subsynth.html
Learn more about the Fuchs® Overdrive Supreme 50 Amplifier plug-in: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/guitar-bass/fuchs-overdrive-amp-plug-in.html
Multi-Unit Support Over Thunderbolt for Windows 10 Systems
Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, have released multi-unit support for their award-winning line of Apollo audio interfaces for Windows 10 systems.
With UAD Software v9.1, Windows 10 PC users now have the same mix and match capabilities as Mac users, enabling them to cascade up to four Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces for up to 64 x 64 channels of analog I/O.* Up to six UAD-2 or Apollo devices can be combined, allowing for UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators to be added for additional plug-in processing power.
In addition, UAD Software v9.1 extends Console 2 software support to users of multiple Apollo FireWire devices, offering dynamic new workflow options such as high resolution graphics, dynamic application resizing, Channel Strip windows, Drag and Drop plug-ins, UAD Monitor/Record per input, and more. All Apollo interfaces now feature Console 2 software.
Finally, UAD Software v9.1 is fully qualified for use with macOS Sierra.**
New UAD Software v9.1 Compatibility Features:
- Connect up to four Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces to Thunderbolt 3-equipped Windows 10 PCs for up to 64 x 64 Analog I/O
- Mix-and-match the entire series of Apollo Thunderbolt audio interfaces – plus UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices for DSP expansion – up to six total devices on either Mac or PC
- Console 2 software for two Apollo FireWire or two Apollo 16 FireWire units
- Full qualification of macOS Sierra
*Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt Adapter required for Thunderbolt 3 connections, limit one Apollo Twin.
**MacOS Sierra requires UAD Software v9. Previous versions of UAD Software are incompatible.
Learn more about UAD Software v9.1 here: http://www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Learn more about the Apollo audio interfaces here: http://www.uaudio.com/apollo
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins