Universal Audio have unleashed version 9.2 of their UAD software for UAD-2 and Apollo platforms. Of note are the inclusion of five new plug-ins, including Antares Auto-Tune Realtime and SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor.
Here's our first-look video of all five new plug-ins put to the test in a mix:
Here's the press release info on the new UAD 9.2 plug-ins from Universal Audio:
Universal Audio Releases 5 New Plug-Ins for UAD-2 and Apollo Platforms
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • May 16, 2017 — Universal Audio is pleased to announce the release of UAD Software v9.2. Alongside the new UA-developed SSL® 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection and Pure Plate Reverb, this latest software release also offers plug-in titles from UA’s direct developer partners.
Legendary for its vocal enhancing and creative applications, the Antares Auto-Tune effect revolutionized vocal production and has become a must-have tool for the modern music producer’s toolkit.
Developed by Antares and available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces, the Antares Auto-Tune Realtime plug-in offers genuine low-latency Auto-Tune effects popularized by the likes of Cher, Daft Punk, and Kanye West, as well as subtle, realtime pitch correction.
When combined with an Apollo audio interface, Auto-Tune Realtime provides the lowest latency in the industry for Auto-Tune pitch correction. With Realtime UAD Processing via Apollo's Console application, Apollo users can use Auto-Tune without the processing latency inherent in native systems.
Antares Auto-Tune® Realtime Plug-In Key Features:
- Realtime Auto-Tune® pitch correction for Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 hardware
- Ultra low-latency on stage or when tracking in the studio
- Realtime MIDI control of target notes during performances
- Vibrato, Humanize, and Flex-Tune controls for natural-sounding pitch correction
- Includes Artist Presets from Mike Dean, Jess Jackson, and Dean Coleman
Developed by Softube, the Eden® WT800 Bass Amplifier plug-in is endorsed and authenticated by Eden, and is an expert emulation of the modern classic bass amp that has remained a staple of countless pro players including Mike Rutherford of Genesis and Mike Gordon of Phish.
Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — the Eden® WT800 Bass Amplifier plug-in also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means an Apollo user’s bass pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into an Eden WT800 — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Eden® WT800 Bass Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of legendary Eden WT800 bass amp
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Eden Amplification
- Offers 1x15 and 4x10 cabinets with four separate mics per cab
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Eden WT800 bass amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interface.
Developed by Brainworx and officially endorsed by Fuchs Audio Technology, the Fuchs Train II Amplifier plug-in expertly captures the late Ken Fischer’s iconic and rare Trainwreck amplifier sound, with its harmonically rich clean and crunch tones and aggressive rock and roll character.
The Fuchs Train II also features Unison™ technology for Apollo interfaces. This means an Apollo user’s guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if they’re plugged into a Fuchs Train II — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Fuchs® Train II Amplifier Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of the original “Trainwreck-inspired” Fuchs Train II
- Endorsed and fully authenticated by Fuchs Audio Technology
- 100 Recording Chains with multiple speaker cabinet impulse responses
- FX Rack features vintage delay, noise gate, filter controls, internal power soak, and pre– and post-amp bypass
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original Fuchs Train II amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Available exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
In close partnership with Solid State Logic,® Universal Audio has introduced the SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces — an expert end-to-end circuit emulation of the compressor that is integral to the hit-making SSL sound. The G Bus Compressor is legend for making mixes bigger, more powerful, and punchy, all the while enhancing cohesion and clarity.
Embarking on a ground-up re-design of the original SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in, UA’s team of engineers meticulously modeled every nuance of the in-console and FX G384 rackmount specimens, including their unique CV (control voltage) summing. By capturing all of its circuit behaviors, the new SSL G Bus Compressor plug-in offers the same punchy, transparent glue, and ultra-accurate stereo image of the original hit-making hardware.
*$149 upgrade price from SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in.
SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection Key Features:
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of SSL’s iconic bus compressor exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Specially tailored dynamic characteristics ideal for compressing full mix or subgroups
- Signature SSL G Bus features include fixed range Attack and Release including program-dependent "Auto" release, and Auto Fade
- Plug-in exclusive features include SC Filter, Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customizable operating level
- Artist presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Peter Mokran (The Flaming Lips, Mary J. Blige), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more
- DSP-lite SSL G Bus Compressor Legacy plug-in included
The Pure Plate Reverb plug-in provides UA's revolutionary plate reverb emulation in a simple, affordable package — with all of the essential features.
Engineered by the modeling experts at Universal Audio to be a no-compromise solution of this classic effect, Pure Plate Reverb captures all of the sonic and mechanical nuances of the steel plate, transducers, and dampers that have flattered iconic recordings for over half a century.
Pure Plate Reverb Plug-In Key Features:
- Easily provides the warm, lush sound of mechanical plate reverb used on records from the ’50s to today
- Simple control set for intuitive tone shaping
- Low frequency input filtering, Pre Delay, Decay, Bass and Treble Tone controls, Balance, and Dry/Wet mix
- Artist presets from Patrick Carney (The Black Keys), Richard Chycki (Rush, Dream Theater) Chuck Zwicky (Prince, The Time) and more
Learn more about the UAD Software v9.2: www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads
Learn more about the Auto-Tune Realtime plug-in: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/special-processing/antares-auto-tune-realtime
Learn more about the Eden WT800 Bass Amplifier plug-in: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/guitar-bass/eden-wt800-bass-amplifier
Learn more about the Fuchs Train II Amplifier plug-in: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/guitar-bass/fuchs-train-amp
Learn more about the SSL 4000 G Bus Compressor Collection plug-in here: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/compressors-limiters/ssl-e-4000-g-bus
Learn more about the Pure Plate Reverb plug-in here: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/reverbs/pure-plate-reverb
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces: www.uaudio.com/apollo
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins