SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • September 16, 2014 — Developed over a two-year period by AMS founder Mark Crabtree, the new AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb plug-in is now available exclusively for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces. This long-awaited plug-in is offered alongside the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor plug-in, a longtime studio favorite, developed for the UAD platform by Softube.
AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb Plug-In — $349
The AMS RMX16 was the world's first microprocessor-controlled, full-bandwidth, digital reverb. From U2 and Peter Gabriel to Radiohead and Rihanna, the unique and lush reverb programs of the RMX16 are instantly recognizable. Heard on hundreds — if not thousands — of seminal recordings from the 1980's to today, the AMS RMX16 hardware is still found in nearly every major recording studio the world over.
In developing the UAD plug-in version of this landmark processor, Crabtree dusted off his original schematics for the hardware unit, yielding an exact instruction-for-instruction model of each of the original algorithms in the hardware. Now, owners of the Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware can record and mix with an exacting digital emulation of this unique, lush-sounding reverb.
“Only a full and faithful implementation of the RMX16 would satisfy me,” said Mark Crabtree. “I'm excited to have the RMX16 on the UAD-2 platform. I have spent nearly as long designing the plug-in as I did on designing the original unit from scratch!”
- The only authentic RMX16 digital reverb plug-in developed by original hardware designer Mark Crabtree of AMS Neve
- Harness the exact legendary reverb and delay algorithms of the original hardware
- Plug-in-only features including Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and easy “click-and-type” editing of control values
- Offers classic RMX16 Programs such as Ambience, Nonlinear, Room, Hall, Plate, Echo, Chorus, and Reverse
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor Plug-In — $199
A studio mainstay since its introduction in the 1980s, the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor is revered for its hybrid tube/solid-state circuit, warm compression, and intuitive interface. Developed by Softube, the Summit Audio TLA-100A Compressor plug-in for Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware is an exacting emulation of this legendary compressor.
- An industry-standard compressor for gently smoothing vocals, bass, and acoustic guitars
- Classic soft-knee compression can glue a drum bus or an entire mix
- Dial-in parallel compression with the plug-in-only Wet/Dry control and harmonic warmth with the Saturation control
- Low Cut Filter allows perfectly sculpted compression
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Download UAD Software v7.10 here:
Learn more about the AMS RMX16 Digital Reverb plug-in here:
Learn more about the Summit TLA-100A Compressor plug-in here: