U-he has released a public beta of Repro-5, their virtual synth instrument plugin that they say "brings the sounds of the Prophet 5 to your computer".
We reviewed the Repro-1, emulation of the famous Prophet One, also from u-he earlier this year. And it was a big hit with us and many of you, though was lacking polyphony. Here's what u-he have to say about the Repro-5:
We are pleased to start the public beta for Repro-5. Repro-5 shares a lot of sonic DNA with Repro-1, but draws inspiration from an even more iconic vintage synthesizer.
You will find the familiar rough and raw sounds of Repro-1, but with a few differences, new flavours and characteristics. Most notably, of course, is polyphony.
Besides the introduction of Repro-5, the public beta also includes various improvements and fixes for the Repro-1 synth.
Changes since Repro-1 revision 5332
- All new preset browser.
- Added Repro-5 polyphonic synth with vintage sound.
- Added Microtuning to Tweaks page.
- Added velocity scaling for envelopes.
- Added filter envelope inversion jumper.
- New filter chip ‘Poly’ available in Repro-1 (from Repro-5).
- More parameters now available for automation by host.
- Plugin format & OS info shown next to revision number.
- ‘On open expand to’ has new ‘none’ option.
- Windows installer now certified.
- Init preset can be loaded from main display.
- MacOS High Sierra – folders and presets unsorted if using APFS.
- Mac only – selecting presets could crash Cubase under special circumstances.
- Win only – VST3 wasn’t remembering preset name in main display.
- Notes mysteriously disappearing in some hosts.
- Sustain Pedal – pitch was jumping to highest note after release.
- Clock source in Key mode – sequence was resetting to first step with each note.
- Improved playability of sequencer in Key mode.
- VST3 was not updating some graphics while recording sequences.
- Using clear while recording a sequence was not restarting from step one.
- With slow clock rate, last played step would not stop immediately when releasing the key.
- Sequence A/B now switches only after current sequence has finished.
- Arp/Seq rate wrong when using different sample rates for project and rendering.
- Notes were played legato even if they did not overlap.
- Various small fixes and improvements.
- Known Issues:
- Win only – Gamma setting only changing after reopening GUI.
- Repro-5 NKS preset maps the wrong parameters (saving new fixes it).
- Switching HQ creates a temporary DC offset.
Repro-5 and Repro-1 will be combined into a single product at the end of the beta period. Until December 31st, 2017, you can buy Repro (Repro-1 + Repro-5) for $99 USD. The regular price will be $149 USD ex. taxes. For owners of Repro-1, the Repro-5 is a free update.
The Repro v1.1 beta, which includes Repro-5, is available for download for Windows and macOS (VST/AU/AAX/NKS) from the u-he forum at KVR.
Learn more u-he synth plugins in the Ask.Audio Academy: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=application/uhe