ATLANTA, GEORGIA – July 2019 – Are you an aspiring hip hop producer, writer, beatmaker or musician? BandLab wants to hear your best work for this year’s Tracklanta competition, brought to you in partnership with hip hop festival A3C Festival & Conference and ChooseATL. Enter the competition (for free) and stand to win studio time with five award-winning US producers, whose production credits include Drake, Cardi B, Future, Mariah Carey, Ty Dolla $ign, Trina, Rico Nasty, Gucci Mane, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, Rick Ross, and more.
The competition call is for creators anywhere in the world. Applications are open now. Interested musicians should check out https://www.a3cfestival.com/tracklanta.
15 lucky winners will receive a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with some of the best Producers in the music industry. The contest has two parts – participants must submit tracks to both: 1. ‘Bring Your A Game’ – showcase your best original track, and 2. ‘Mix The Masters’ – a rap competition based on beats provided by the five mentoring Producers. The tracks will be assessed on the free music production platform BandLab. Creators can sign up and use BandLab for free.
The five producers have over a dozen Grammy Awards between them. They are:
- Bryan-Michael Cox – credits: Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton and Usher
- Drumma Boy – credits: T.I., Gucci Mane, Soulja Boy, Rick Ross
- Young Chop – credits: Chief Keef, Big Sean, Ty Dolla $ign, Wiz Khalifa
- Tasha Catour – credits: Future, Tinashe, Trina, Rico Nasty
- Needlz – credits: Cardi B, Drake, Bruno Mars, 50 Cent, Busta Rhymes
- Bravo Ocean – Clients: Post Malone, Nicki Minaj, Raury, 6lack, Tricky Stewart
- Doppler – Clients: Beyonce, Whitney Houston, B.B. King, Alicia Keys, Ludacris, Usher
- Icon – Clients: Queen Latifah, Dru Hill, 112, Sevyn Streeter, Ludacris, Justin Bieber
- Patchwerk – Clients: Kendrick Lamar, Missy Elliott, Mariah Carey, Destiny’s Child, 21 Savage, Future, Diddy
- Stankonia – Clients: OutKast
Tracklanta is a talent development initiative to invest in the next generation of music creators — including musicians, singers, beatmakers, producers and songwriters. The competition empowers the next generation of musical creators by teaming them up with music industry veterans and world-class studios for a chance to win career-shaping opportunities.
“We’re highly excited about our partnership with Bandlab and Choose ATL. These kinds of unique and exclusive opportunities with chart topping producers are what up and coming artists dream of. We’re very pleased to be able to bring this experience to A3C,” says Joy Young, Marketing Director, A3C Festival & Conference.
Competition Launch: 15 July
Competition Closes: 23 August
Shortlist announced: 1 September