The new flagship Thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces from Universal Audio feature elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, new HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual-Crystal clocking, Unison mic preamps, +24dBu operation, surround sound monitoring, and more. All in a sleek, expandable Thunderbolt 3 package for Mac and PC. We caught up with the team at NAMM 2019 for a detailed look at these powerful new interfaces.
Tom from Universal Audio explains the design decisions that went into the Apollo x6, x8, x8P and x16. The largest model's features include:
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac and Windows
- Flagship conversion with 133 dB D/A dynamic range
- 16 channels of analog I/O via DB-25 connectors
- HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing
- 7.1 Surround Sound monitoring