Somerville, MA USA (April 6, 2015)'"SONiVOX (sonivoxmi.com)'"a leading developer of music production software'"today announced the immediate availability of Tony Coleman Drums, an all-new drum instrument for drummers, producers, and songwriters. Using a MIDI keyboard, electronic drums, or pad controller, users can access 20 Gigabytes of Tony's iconic drum sounds, adding his special sonic nuance to their songs and performances.
Tony Coleman Drums was originally announced at Winter NAMM in January 2015 and very quickly became one of the most eagerly awaited SONiVOX music software releases ever.
Renowned for his work with B.B. King, Etta James, Buddy Guy and Albert King, Tony's illustrious Mapex Saturn Series drum kit was expertly captured at the world-famous Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN, with Tony himself behind the drums. Using no-compromise audio recording equipment, each drum and cymbal was meticulously recorded in great detail, including additional tracking of the kick drums to a Studer 2-inch analog tape machine to capture the highly-desirable affect of tape compression and huge, warm bass frequencies. The recording session's impeccable realism and detail perfectly translates every one of Tony's drum samples to any modern digital audio workstation.
SONiVOX Tony Coleman Drums interface.
To maximize usability and flexibility, each drum part can be adapted to any project by way of the instrument's powerful editing and mixing capabilities. Users can adjust pitch, envelope, EQ, and filter settings for each drum or cymbal, bringing versatility and custom sound control to any song or production. An all-new mixer provides per-part level, panning, and ambiance control'"giving users the ability to tap into the highly desirable acoustic textures of Ardent's world-class recording environment. Post-processing effects include compression, reverb and EQ.
Tony Coleman on drums.
'I can't recall a more enthusiastic response to a creative musical software title than there was to Tony Coleman Drums,' said Jennifer Hruska, Vice President of Software Development at SONiVOX. We can't wait to hear the results as composers and producers lay these incredible sounding drums into their own projects.'
Tony Coleman Drums Highlights:
- 20 GB of expertly captured drum samples played by Tony Coleman
- Recorded at Ardent Studios using top-shelf analog equipment
- Kick drums were tracked to 2-inch analog tape for true tape compression sound
- Intelligent Rhythm Control corrects note timing without sacrificing authenticity
- All-new audio engine for uncanny realism
- Comprehensive part editing; pitch, compression, filters, and EQ
- Professional mixer interface lets users dial in part levels, panning, and room ambiance
- Studio-grade master effects; reverb, compression, and EQ
- 32 and 64-bit VST, 64-bit AU, Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools 11
Available for immediate download for $149.99.
For more information, visit www.sonivoxmi.com/TCD