Saurus2 can do an extremely authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all important aspects of the most famous and expensive analog synths, but without adopting the disadvantages.
Saurus2 is very easy to use and comes with a comfortable interface. It offers a larger sonic range, a more precise analog emulation and a more flexibe synthesis engine than competing products. Saurus2 offers high-end sound quality, but without placing heavy demands on your CPU or budget. Finally true analog sound does not longer require compromises!
- Authentic emulation of analog synths: True Analog Modeling Technology Â™
- Covers all important aspects of analog synthesizers, but without adopting the disadvantages
- High-end sound quality
- Replaces a large number of expensive analog synthesizers
- Low CPU and high reliability
- Great value for money
- Free personal support and updates
- Comfortable and easy-to-use interface
- Larger sonic range than competing products
- Flexibility, expandability
- Ships with 830 outstanding presets from 22 top sound designers
- Can create unique sounds which no other synthesizer can do
- Analog filter with self-oscillation, FM and feedback
- Very fast LFOs and punchy envelopes
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Many different play modes: Mono, legato, glide, poly, stack, autochord
- 4x stereo unison
- High-end quality effects section
- Analog modeled distortion and tube amp
- Developed by experts with 25 years of experience
Since years it has been the aim of developers to bring the best Â"virtual analogÂ" synths. However these products are at best mere approximations of what happens in the real world. We set out to create not just another substractive synthesizer, but one that truly represents the sound of analog hardware. Our experts with 25 years of experience carefully modeled the circuits of many expensive performance synthesizers. We even included measurements of single capacitors and resistors to provide an extremely accurate analog model.
Tone2 Saurus 2 interface.
At the heart of Saurus are its high-end quality oscillators employing our True Analog Modeling Technology Â™, which produces a warm characteristic sound reminiscent of the hardware units from the past.
With pulse width modulation, oscillator sync, AM & FM noise modulation and oscillator drift an extremely broad range of sounds can be dialed-in.
Taking things even further, Saurus offers a selection of both standard as well as a large number of oscillator types from exotic and hard-to-get synths to choose from, no more being limited to just 3 basic waveforms!
No analog sound would be complete without an excellent filter capable of sounding both lush when needed or screaming when over driven.
Analog-esque filters are far from perfect, suffering from distortion, noise, phase shift and self-oscillation, but it is exactly these imperfections that gives them more character than their sterile sounding digital counterparts. Which is why Saurus comes with a filter section modeled after a variety of the most famous analog filters, with precisely modeled non-linearity and self-oscillation to make them sound every bit as full of character as its core sound.
To top it all off the filter section also includes FM, feedback and an analog modeled distortion for that little extra grit.
Tone2 Saurus 2 Browser.
Modulation & Effects
The modulation system is based around punchy envelopes, LFOs that can run at audio-rate and an extremely flexible modulation matrix.
It features several exclusive new ways to take the sound sculpting even further. Our unique modulation value modifiers for example can be used to filter or shape envelope and LFO waveforms. While the Voiceout source allows you to use the audio output of a voice to modulate any matrix destination like cutoff or unison spread to create chaos.
With these modulation options, an almost infinite number of sound shaping possibilities are now within your reach.
To compliment its sound, Saurus also features various essential effects such as chorus, delay, reverb, tube amp and psychoacoustic processing, again of extremely high quality.
Arpeggiator & Gate
Saurus' arpeggiator is one of a kind when it comes to features. A lot of thought went into creating an arpeggiator that doesn't just offer the basic note step functionality but takes the concept even further by adding features like custom patterns, chords, double, triple note, swing and per step velocity. This ensures your arpeggio sequence can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be.
Extreme Power at Low Cost
You may need to pay a lot to get true analog quality sound, opt to use hardware with its many disadvantages or need an extremely powerful processor to cope with the demands of software. Once again, enter Saurus: Finally true analog sound no longer requires compromises!
What's new in Saurus2? Summary:
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked.
- Over 260 additional patches.
- Completely reworked all existing factory sounds.
- Added a comfortable patch browser.
- More detailed emulation of the 'analog' sound. The degree of analog behavior is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics.
- More comfortable user interface.
- A large number of further new features and enhancements.
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions.
Price: Â€99 Euro, $119 USD
For more info about Saurus2 visit our webpage: