The Alpha Base Is The Best Jomox Drum machine Yet
Jomox announced their new analog drum machine, Alpha Base, recently. At Superbooth 2017 we had the opportunity to get hands on with this beast of a beat machine. It sounds good!
At Superbooth 2017 we caught up with Jurgen from Jomox to get an in-depth video and audio demo of the new Alpha Base analog drum machine. It's been teased for a while, and now finally we're able to get hands-on and dirty with this completely re-designed variation of their other classic machines.
Here's some spec to satisfy your gear lust:
- 11 Instruments:
Kick Drum, MBrane, Cl HiHat, Op HiHat, Clap, Rim Shot, Crash, Ride, X Sample 1, X Sample 2, FM Synth.
- Real analog Jomox kick drum.
- Real analog Jomox MBrane voice with 2 coupleable F-OSC for complex analog snare, percussion, bass and tom sounds ranging from 16Hz to 20kHz.
- 2 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or HH filter, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The HH filter is 2-pole, HP/LP/Res each separated parameters, peakable but not oscillating.
- 4 sample based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or resonating multimode filter (LP, HP, BP) with ADSR envelope, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The multimode filter can be used as a signal generator in order to generate analog toms or sticks etc.
- 2 sample based instruments with external sampling input and pure digital playback.
- 1 FM synth with 4 operators and max. 6 voices for percussive sounds.
- Effects delay, reverb with send per instrument, also insertable into analog signal path on CH, OH, Clp, Rim, Ride.
- LFOs: per instrument one LFO (MBrane 2 LFOs) with 64 wave forms, each assignable on pitch, VCA, filter cutoff.
- 250 samples 16 Bit/48kHz in internal flash memory.
- SD card slot for loading of samples.
- Midi In, Midi Out, Midi Thru.
- DIN sync out 2x integrated in the jacks Midi Out or Midi Thru.
- Inputs: stereo in for sampling, FX or sidechain. Both inputs are Hi-Z and suitable for guitar/bass or work up to line level +20dBu.
- Outputs: 8 individual balanced outputs, stereo mix balanced, headphones.
- Output Level: max. ca.+14dBu unbalanced, +20dBu balanced on all outputs.
- Input Volume, Phones Volume and Mix Volume are analog potentiometers.
- LCD display 2x24 characters.
- 12V 2A DC external power supply.
- Wood side cheeks, rubber feet.
- Size: 41cm (16.1") x 24cm (9.5") x 8cm (3.2") (back side).
- Weight: ca. 3.3kg (7.26 lbs).