Montebello, CA (Oct 10, 2014): TASCAM has announced the US-16x08 audio interface, with 16 mic and line inputs and advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest specifications in their class while delivering up to 56dB of gain. An additional eight line inputs are provided, two of them switchable to instrument level for direct guitar or bass recording. Eight balanced line outputs are also available, two with a level control on the front panel for monitoring.
Built into the US-16x08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has four-band EQ and compression for polished-sounding monitor mixes. In addition to interface mode, the US-16x08 can be used as a standalone mic preamp. Mac and Windows drivers are provided, as well as USB Audio Compliance 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
The solid, metal case was designed by designbox studio in Germany, and includes a pair of removable â€œbio-cellâ€ side panels. In addition to their striking design, the side panels angle the interface towards you on a desktop. This angle makes the switches and knobs easier to read without twisting your head around. Rack ears are also included with the US-16x08.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16x08 includes enough I/O for almost any music recording application.
- Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps with 56dB of gain
- 16-in/8-out interface with up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution
- Eight 1/4â€ balanced line inputs, two switchable to instrument level
- DSP Mixer for Low-latency monitoring with EQ and compression
- High-quality audio components for 125dBu EIN and 105dB S/N ratio
- USB Audio Compliant 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility
- Independent line out and headphone level controls
- MIDI Input and Output
- Metal body with angled design for better desktop visibility
- Rackmount adapter included
$299.99 estimated street price
Available in November