Montebello, CA (Sept 1, 2015): TASCAM’s new Celesonic US-20x20 packs 20 channels of analog and digital I/O into a single rackspace with great sounding preamps and USB 3.0/2.0 connectivity. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps provide 56dB of gain and high headroom to make microphones sound their best. Up to ten channels of digital I/O are included on ADAT and S/PDIF connectors, with word clock also provided for use with external clocks like TASCAM’s CG-1000. MIDI I/O allows use with controllers and synthesizers, and sample rates up to 192kHz/24-bit are supported.
The TASCAM Celesonic US-20x20 is the first USB 3.0 interface to use class-compliant drivers for future-proof use with computers and tablets. A built-in DSP mixer includes parametric EQ and compression on every channel and a stereo reverb send for great-sounding monitor mixes. The DSP mixer can also be used as a live mixer or submixer with computer control. The US-20x20 has three modes: audio interface, digital mixer, and 8-channel digital mic preamp.
Like the US-16x08, the US-20x20 includes a pair rack ears as well as bio-cell side panels to angle the interface off a desktop.
- 20-in / 20-out USB Audio Interface
- Eight Ultra-HDDA Microphone preamps with 56dB of gain and high headroom
- Two balanced line inputs and ten balanced line outputs
- USB 3.0 or 2.0 connection to computer (USB 3.0 requires Windows 10 operating system)
- Supports up to 192kHz / 24-bit audio (at reduced channel count)
- ADAT optical multichannel digital input and output supports S-MUX (8 ch @ 48k, 4 ch @ 96k, 2 ch @ 192kHz)
- Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out
- Word clock in and out
- Two headphone outputs with 70mW/ch output power
- MIDI input and output
- Class-compliant driver supports iOS connection over USB 2.0
- Includes both angled bio-cell side panels and rack ears
- Built-in DSP mixer with parametric EQ and compression per channel, stereo reverb on send/return
- Dedicated power supply included
- Three operation modes: audio interface/ mic pre/ mixer
$499.99 estimated street price
Shipping end of September