Steinberg have announced the latest version of their popular DAW, Cubase 9, is now available in a try before you buy format! The new trial version for Cubase Pro 9 and Cubase ELements 9 gives you 30 days free usage. All the big new features and functions are included in the trial version.
New Cubase 9 Features Include :
- A new Transport Panel is docked at the base of the Project window rather than floating, meaning one less window to juggle and helping workflow.
- In a similar vein, there’s the option to use a new “Lower Zone” view, which incorporates MixConsole into the main project window, and it can be dynamically resized.
- Other windows can be shown in the Lower Zone too, like the MIDI or audio editors.
- A brand new Sampler Track type lets you drag audio from a project into the track and play it from your MIDI keyboard, basically creating a playable sampled instrument in just seconds. You can also transfer samples directly into other Steinberg instruments.
- You can now sidechain into some of Steinberg’s VST3 instruments
- MixConsole now gets a History function, letting you jump back to any stage of a mix and undo or redo any of the actions you have taken.
- A new 8-band Frequency EQ modules is available, with M/S and Linear Phase support, a piano roll for selecting frequencies and a highly customisable display.
- Additional features like updated VST Connect services, revamped and expanded loops and grooves, better plug-in management, updated plugin interfaces, multiple Marker Tracks and more.
Read our review of Cubase Pro 9 here.
Watch our video courses on Cubase 9 here.
Please note Cubase Pro 9 trial requires the USB-eLicenser so if you're completely new to Cubase and want to run the trial you should opt for the Elements 9 version.