HAMBURG, Germany — Steinberg has released its first mobile DAW app for Android: Cubasis 3 is the award-winning DAW for handheld devices, previously only available for the iOS platform. With Cubasis 3 now running on Android, Steinberg’s music production app is accessible to the majority of smartphone and tablet users.
Powerful tools at your fingertips
Cubasis 3 offers great new features and enhancements for quick and easy results in recording and producing music. Group Tracks combines multiple tracks so that they can be processed and mixed as though they were a single track. The Cubasis mixer takes advantage of the display’s real estate, including useful zoom modes and an accurate level metering for every track. Users can add up to eight insert and eight send effects included in Cubasis.
Many other feature additions and capabilities in Cubasis 3 include:
- MIDI resolution dramatically improved with 960 pulses per quarter note
- 75 new effects presets
- Undo reinvented with History List
- Redesigned instruments and effects
- Updated audio, MIDI and automation editors
- Improved MediaBay for creating folders, moving files and sharing music
- Presets for scaling the user interface let Cubasis fit perfectly on any device
- Plus many other great additions, new in Cubasis 3
Now for Android
Since its launch in 2012, Cubasis has run on the iPad under iOS. With Cubasis 3 released at the end of last year to great acclaim, Cubasis has evolved into a full-fledged DAW offering universal app support for both iPad and iPhone.
Now, for the first time, Cubasis — one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs — becomes cross-platform compatible, delivering its powerful capabilities to perform, record, mix and share music quickly and efficiently with the iPhone, iPad as well as Android smartphones and tablets.
Alexander Gross, Cubasis lead developer, commented: “Developing a creativity tool that is used by people all around the world for bringing their musical ideas into reality is a big pleasure as well as a responsibility. As lead developer of Cubasis, I’m proud that the team’s exceptional effort for creating a cross-platform codebase finally sees the light of day with the release on Android.”
“This is a huge milestone in the evolution of Cubasis. We’ve been developing new features for Cubasis on the iOS platform at an extremely fast pace, and it just felt right to bring the powerful tools in Cubasis to the Android community of musicians as well,” said Marketing Manager Lars Slowak.
Alongside the launch of Cubasis 3 for Android, Steinberg release the version 3.1 maintenance update for Cubasis 3 and Cubasis LE for iOS. This update resolves user-reported issues and includes many small workflow improvements as well as adding the brand-new Master Strip Plug-in Suite (also included in the Android version of Cubasis). The Master Strip Plug-in Suite consists of three studio-grade mastering tools: Stereo Imager to adjust the stereo width, Multiband Compressor to monitor and compress selected frequency ranges, and Loudness Maximizer to adjust the overall level of the final mix.
Availability and pricing
Cubasis 3 is purchased as downloadable app through the App Store and Google Play. The price is 54.99 euros, including German VAT.
- Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
- 32-bit floating-point audio engine
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
- Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
- MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
- MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
- Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
- Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
- Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
- Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
- Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
- MIDI auto quantize
- Track duplicate
- Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
- Audio and MIDI hardware support*
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
- MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
- Export to Cubase and various other services
* Cubasis for Android offers limited audio and MIDI hardware support only, Steinberg does not currently guarantee full compatibility.
Product page: www.steinberg.net/cubasis