Linköping, Sweden, August 30th, 2019: If there was a hierarchy of analog studio gear (and let’s face it, there kind of is) it’d be hard to dispute the Chandler Limited® Curve Bender ’s claim to the throne. Among analog mastering grade equalizers , this one’s about as blue-blooded as they come.
With tremendous pedigree, huge yet controlled power, and most importantly, exceptional sound quality, thanks to component-level modelling of the original germanium and inductor circuits , the Curve Bender reigns supreme over the domain of tone-shaping in analog mastering .
This magnificent mastering grade equalizer is based on desk'¨circuits from the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in'¨London, used to create albums of genuinely legendary status,'¨such as Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd, and Abbey Road by The Beatles. And as with any truly supreme successor to a noble line, it builds on the greatness of its ancestors.
The Curve Bender has more bands (four, compared to the original console’s two), more fixed filter points (a huge fifty-one, up from just nine, chosen and designed in the image of the original circuits by Chandler Limited founder, Wade Goeke), more Q and gain options , and added low and high pass filters , making the unit a mastering powerhouse without sacrificing the exquisite analog sound-flavor which made it a leader.
In software form, the Curve Bender plug-in not only allows the user the luxury of using this crown-jewel mastering equalizer in multiple places in the same mix (across instrument groups AND the master bus, for example), but also adds functionality to the original hardware, with Mid/Side processing and channel linking .
The Curve Bender is perfect for gently sculpting the entire mix , with never a hint of harshness despite its endless power. It’s the one true sovereign of analog mastering equalizers.
- Mastering grade analog equalizer '¨
- Silky top-end and tight lows '¨
- Based on legendary British console EQ circuits used on innumerable classic records '¨
- Improved with more bands, more filter-points, greater gain and Q flexibility, and '¨additional low and high pass filters '¨
- Added Mid/Side processing and channel linking in the plug-in '¨
- Subtle yet authoritative; carefully considered curves and exceptional quality mean you '¨can boost with confidence '¨
- Set it and forget it – it always sounds good '¨
- Use on master bus, instrument groups, or even individual tracks – it’s great on vocals '¨
- A real crown jewel in your collection '¨