Softube's Console 1 is a remarkable piece of hardware that gives you hands-on control over almost any DAW project as well as pre-mapped access to over 70 plug-ins by Softube and Universal Audio. So what exactly can it do for you? In this in-depth video from Consordini Musical Instruments, you'll get a full overview of the key features of Console 1.
Walking through the various modes and features of the hardware, you'll learn how the hardware and software interact to dramatically improve your workflow and productivity. Some of the highlights include the following:
- Analog-modeled EQ/Compression/Saturation/Dynamic Shape plug-in with hardware controller
- Gives you the feel of mixing on an analog console, with the flexibility of a plug-in
- Controller gives you visual indication of every parameter's settings
Plug-in gives you 4-band EQ, compression, saturation, and transient shaping
- Every plug-in parameter is directly controllable from the hardware
Software mixer gives you control over input gain, volume, pan, mute, and solo for each channel
- Compressors support sidechain and parallel compression
- Allows you to insert other Softube plug-ins for sonic variety
To learn more about Softube and mixing techniques, why not check out the pro video courses focussed on mixing skills in the Ask.Audio Academy.