Replacing the Juno-Di and Juno-DS, the new Juno-DS88 is equipped with 88 weighted-action keys. Roland have added enhanced pianos and organs in a new DS Tone bank as well as 1000 sound sets from the previous Juno-Di.
While the Juno series is known as a players’ keyboard that gives instant-access to sounds, the Juno-DS88 reportedly allows for more tweaking and adjustment. “The front panel provides an expanded array of hands-on knobs and sliders for creating patches and adjusting sounds as you perform, while the rear panel features jacks for connecting hold and expression pedals at the same time.”
Should you want to expand the sound set capabilities of the Juno-DS88 you can do so using the Wave Expansion slots (via USB). There’s 1000+ EXP sounds on the Roland Axial website you can download for free, and it’s possible to load your own WAV files and play those too. The Phrase Pads can be used to trigger complete songs, loops or one-shot samples.
Juno-DS88 also includes Vocoder and Auto Pitch functionality thanks to the microphone input. So you can essentially sing into a microphone and control the tone and pitch via the keyboard controls.
There’s also an eight-track pattern sequencer which is ideal for building up arrangements as a backing track/song or for real-time looping and creation.
- Gig-ready instrument with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, and battery-powered operation
- 88-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard provides weighted-action feel in a lightweight design that’s easy to transport
- Includes all the sounds from the popular JUNO-Di, plus newly updated acoustic and electric pianos, additional organs, and other stage essentials
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms, available for free at Roland’s Axial website
- Sample import function for playing user WAV files on the JUNO-DS88’s keyboard
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
More info, including pricing can be found on the Roland website here: Juno-DS88.