RØDE Microphones is very excited to introduce the NTG5, a brand-new addition to its best-selling range of shotgun microphones. The NTG5 sets a new standard for the range. Featuring a groundbreaking acoustic port design providing a superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, the NTG5 is a revolution in shotgun microphone design aimed at the professional user.
RØDE has been an innovator and market leader in shotgun mic technology since releasing the NTG1 in 2005. This was soon followed by the NTG2 and the award-winning NTG3, which set the standard for robust, broadcast-quality shotgun microphones. The NTG5 is the next step in the range’s evolution – the culmination of RØDE’s 28 years of research and development of high-quality microphones for broadcast and film applications.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, delivering a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions.
- Comes in a complete location recording kit with windshield, pistol grip and other accessories – the NTG5 is ready to take into the field right out of the box.
Boasting an ideal, tightly controlled frequency response and very low self-noise, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure the NTG5 is reliable in adverse environments. It is designed to be taken everywhere, with excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold, and dust. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip, and other accessories – it’s ready to be taken into the field right out of the box.
The NTG5’s highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response deliver superb audio whether used on a boom pole, pistol grip, or on-camera. It is ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources in any environment and will out-perform high-end shotgun microphones that cost several times more. The perfect location recording mic.