Leading virtual synth and effects developer Rob Papen has announced the immediate release of Blade 2 – a major update to the synth plug-in that offers a fun, intuitive and easy approach to additive synthesis.
Blade 2 provides a rich palette of infinite audio possibilities for both sound design and performance. Generate completely original sounds with superb depth and range. Tweak your tones with countless modulators, filters and onboard effects. Add energy and excitement with the advanced XY pad. Achieve motion with the killer step sequencer and so much more.
Evocative, evolving soundscapes, ambient effects, deep, sweeping pads and wild wobbulating effects, as well as crazy leads, and mega basses – Blade 2 excels at them all! In fact, the sound bank is so huge there are patches for all types of music styles.
If you're growing weary of the same old virtual analogues and sample-playback instruments, Blade 2 will certainly bring your creativity back to life!
So what’s new?
The original Blade synthesizer had a unique concept in controlling the waveform harmonics (Harmolator) by using an XY pad. In addition, the XY pad movement could also be recorded, edited, and played back tempo-based. This concept meant that you could generate some highly original sounds, compared to regular subtractive and even additive synthesizers.
With Blade 2, Rob Papen has expanded the features even further making it a dream synthesizer for synth lovers who like to think out of the box and love to experiment!
Some of these new features include…
- NEW! Easy page – with all the major controls in one place – ideal for beginners, and a great solution for when you’re on a deadline.
- NEW! In addition to the Harmolator mode, there’s now the new Additive mode which allows you to morph or mix between 4 additive waveforms using the XY pad.
- NEW! Updated Arpeggiator section with some very cool new features including new 'Ratcheting' mode.
- NEW! Dedicated wave-analyse section which analyses the sample data into a waveform, which can then be used in the Harmolator or Additive section.
- NEW! Additional analog-type oscillator plus a noise oscillator. There’s also 32 different Filter types to help shape your sound further.
- NEW! 3 Multi-FX processors with the renowned high-quality Rob Papen FX.
- And much more!
Blade 2 is available to buy now priced £79.95 / €99 / $99
An upgrade is available for existing Blade users for £35 / €39 / $39
For full details, videos and to download a free demo version visit: https://www.timespace.com/products/rob-papen-blade-2
Blade 2 has also been added to the eXplorer 6 bundle and the Limited Edition Sound Design Bundle at no extra cost!
To view the entire Rob Papen software collection visit: https://www.timespace.com/collections/rob-papen