Last year RME celebrated their 20th year anniversary, with the German manufacturer announcing no less than four new products at Musikmesse 2016.
One of those new devices was the RME ADI-2 Pro, a feature-packed update to the RME ADI-2, featuring incredibly precise audio quality, powerful headphone amplifiers, plus a host of innovative features that will appeal to both mastering engineers and high-end audio aficionados alike.
With the ADI-2 Pro proving popular in both pro audio and HiFi circles, RME have chosen Musikmesse to unveil their new RME ADI-2 Pro Anniversary Edition.
Strictly limited to 500 units worldwide, the RME ADI-2 Pro AE celebrates 20 years of RME in the most beautiful way one could imagine. With the tech specs basically identical to the silver ADI-2 Pro, the AE comes decked out in an all-black housing, matching the style of audiophile-level HiFi setups. A transparent see-through top with inner illumination and stylized HiFi feet make it a must have not only for the celebrating RME enthusiast.
- High-end headphone amplifier
- Universal monitoring controller
- High-class A/D converter
- Digital format converter
- High-end audio interface for computer-based measuring systems
Suitable For The Following Users:
- Audiophiles and high-end HiFi enthusiasts
- Professional recording studios
- Ambitious home users
- Measurement laboratories
Differences between the ADI-2 Pro and the ADI-2 Pro AE
- Three orange LEDs illuminate the PCB and the components.
- Unique see-through top
The plexi's inside print (scratch protected) states 'Anniversary Edition, 20 Years of RME'.
- The rear TS double socket has gold-plated contacts, to matche the front panel headphones connections.
- An additional metal shield optimizes crosstalk suppression between the left and right XLR inputs. The shield is similar to the one preventing crosstalk from the TS outputs to XLR R input, which is a features of all RME ADI Converters.
- The four rubber feet have been replaced with four stylised HiFi feet with brushed chrome design.
- The four holes on the side of the original, designed to allow for rack ear mounting, have been removed.
- A special sleeve and manual (with additional text and matching photo).
ADI-2 Pro Major Firmware Update 141 DSP 76
RME is proud to release a major firmware update for the ADI-2 Pro and AE (Anniversary Edition), which extends its functionality, usability and operation beyond expectation. So far the ADI-2 Pro has been a major blast in countless rave reviews, culminating in the statement 'all it lacks is competition'. With this firmware release the RME team adds even more exciting and unique features that turn the ADI-2 Pro into a reference of its own.
The list of new features, changes, and extensions is long. Updated manuals German/English are already available from RME's website, and the firmware includes a (shortened) readme text with all changes... Read the whole post in the RME forum.