RØDE Microphones is proud to announce the next major firmware update to the RØDECaster Pro™, the world’s first fully integrated podcast production studio.
Following on from the first update back in February which introduced multitrack recording via USB, the 1.2.0 update expands the RØDECaster Pro’s multitrack capabilities, enabling multitrack recording direct to microSD™, and other useful upgrades.
The RØDECaster Pro’s new functions featured in the 1.2.0 firmware update include:
- Multitrack recording to the on-board microSD card: polyWAV file format, stereo live mix + individual sources
- Updated companion app: offering more user-friendly file handling
- The option to pause during a recording
- Updated colour-coding on the record button: green – armed, red – recording, amber – paused.
HOW DOES MULTITRACK TO SD WORK?
The RØDECaster Pro will now record 14 tracks to the on-board microSD card. These tracks are the same as if you were recording multitrack via USB to a DAW:
- A stereo ‘live mix’ track
- A mono track for each of the 4 microphone inputs
- Stereo tracks for the USB, 3.5mm TRRS, Bluetooth and sound-effects-pad channels.
Multitrack to SD recording can be activated in the ‘Hardware' > 'Advanced’ section of the RØDECaster’s menu, alongside the existing multitrack to USB feature.
THE PAUSE FUNCTION
The RØDECaster Pro now offers the option to pause a recording at any time by pressing and holding the record button for two seconds. Tapping the button will resume the recording, while pressing and holding again will end the recording.
You can download the new firmware here: https://www.rode.com/rodecasterapp
For much more detail on the new update visit: http://www.rode.com/blog/all/multitrack-to-sd-rodecasterpro
Learn the finer points of audio recording and podcast production: https://ask.audio/academy?nleloc=new-releases