21 October, 2015–Pioneer DJ is launching the RMX-1000 for iPad: the tactile iOS app that lets producers add high-quality FX to tracks in their iTunes library. The RMX-1000 app really comes into its own when linked to the Audiobus app and Inter-App Audio, which will let them add FX to music they’ve made on their iPad.
Launched in 2012, the RMX-1000 is a hugely popular effector that can be used in the studio and for DJ performances. Now the RMX-1000 app emulates the hardware to deliver touchscreen control of Scene FX, Isolate FX, X-PAD FX and Release FX. Just like the RMX-1000, the app lets producers customise the parameters of the FX to create their own unique sound.
The RMX-1000 iOS app supports the Audiobus app (bought separately) and Inter-App Audio, which means producers can add FX to music they’ve created using DAW apps control and record their creations using one simple GUI.
The RMX-1000 for iPad is available from October 2015, at an SRP of $19.99 including Sales Tax/€19.99 including VAT.
The RMX-1000 app is available at half price ($9.99 including Sales Tax/€9.99 including VAT) until 11th November 2015.
Find out more about the RMX-1000 app for iPad on the App Store.
RMX-1000 FOR IPAD IN DETAIL
1. A host of high-quality FX for limitless creativity
The four FX areas mirror the layout of the original RMX-1000, for intuitive, tactile control.
- Scene FX: Build up and break down tracks by combining ten types of FX – and manipulate the wet/dry, time and resonance parameters for even more character.
- Isolator FX: Alter the rhythm and timbre of the music by adjusting the Hi/Mid/Low frequencies, and add three types of FX: Cut/Add, Trans/Roll and Gate/Drive.
- X-PAD FX: Trigger pre-assigned samples in time with the BPM and use the X-PAD to repeat samples at different speeds. Kick, Snare, Clap and Hi-hat are pre-assigned, or producers can customise using other on-board samples.
- Release FX:Elegantly exit complex FX combinations and return to the original track using Back Spin, Vinyl Brake and Echo – or return to the music instantly.
- PLUS – the parameters of many of the FX can be customised so producers can create unique sounds and experiment with their own style.
2. Supports Audiobus and Inter-App Audio to become a full-blown music production tool
The RMX-1000 for iPad can be linked to the Audiobus app and Inter-App Audio, which provides one interface for producers to create and record music using DAW, FX and instrument apps. Users simply connect the RMX-1000 app to their Audiobus app and Inter-App Audio to start adding FX to music they’ve made using Audiobus app and Inter-App Audio compatible DAW apps.
- Compatible OS and hardware: iPad Air (1st generation or later), iPad mini (2nd generation or later), iOS 8.0 or later (64bit）
- Sound: Audio output to speakers, headphones etc, (built-in or external audio devices)
- File format: Plays all iPad-compatible formats except DRM files.
- Web: http://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product/software/rmx-1000-ipad-app/software/overview