From the Novation Press Release:
Launchpad Mini is a compact version of the celebrated Novation Launchpad performance controller. Designed for the iPad generation, Launchpad Mini features 64 three-colour launch pads and 16 performance buttons. Play loops, samples, sounds, control effects and more. Produce and perform music immediately with your iPad, Mac or PC.
Designed to get you making music straight out of the box, Launchpad Mini is entirely bus-powered from your iPad, Mac or PC. It comes with a suite of software, including Ableton Live Lite for your computer – plus the Launchpad App for iPad.
The Launchpad app for iPad includes a pre-loaded professional sound library that you can use instantly to create music. The Launchpad app transforms Launchpad Mini into an integrated performance instrument. In addition to the built-in sounds, you can import additional sound packs. Launchpad app upgrades will allow you to import your own samples. Complete your performance with filters and DJ style effects – and then share your creations with the world. Launch your music.
Novation Launchpad Mini vs Launchpad.
Launchpad Mini at a glance
- Compact Launchpad with the same powerful functionality as the Launchpad S
- 64 three-colour Launch pads – play loops, samples, sounds, and also control effects on iPad, Mac or PC
- 16 additional three-colour performance buttons
- Fully integrated with Novation’s Launchpad app for iPad
- Effortless integration with Ableton Live, just like the celebrated Launchpad
- The same high level of integration with FL Studio 11 as Launchpad S
- Connects directly to your iPad with the Apple Camera Connection Kit (not included)
- Tough, compact, trustworthy design
- Combine with the growing Novation Launch family of products for even broader integration with your music production software and apps
- Includes Ableton Live Lite for Mac or PC – plus Launchpad app for iPad
- Control Ableton Live and FL Studio
Launchpad Mini offers effortless integration with Ableton Live, just like the Launchpad S. Trigger clips and scenes, control volumes, sends and more. Ableton Live Lite is included with your Launchpad Mini. In addition you can get hands-on control of FL Studio 11 with Launchpad Mini’s 64-pad grid. Stickers are included to label the keys as you want.
It looks the part and Novation tell us it integrates nicely with FL Studio 11 and Ableton Live.
Rugged, practical and iPad-powered
Sturdy and compact, Launchpad Mini can be transported easily without fear of damage – but it’s also so light you’ll hardly notice it in your gig bag. Like its bigger brother Launchpad S, Launchpad Mini is totally bus powered: there’s no need to plug it in to a power socket. Simply connect it to your iPad – or computer – and it will get all the power it needs.
Part of Novation’s Launch family
Launchpad Mini is part of the growing range of ‘Launch’ products from Novation. Use multiple Launch family products together to unleash awesome performance possibilities: pair Launchpad Mini with its big brother the Launchpad S, enhance your lead or bassline capability with Launchkey Mini and Launchkey keyboard controllers, and add high-quality rotary controls with Launch Control. Use them together with your music production software on iPad, Mac or PC.
- Novation Launchpad app (for iPad)
- Novation Launchkey app (for iPad)
- Ableton Live Lite
- Loopmasters sample pack
- Novation V-Station soft-synth
- Novation Bass Station soft-synth
- MAC – OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion
- WINDOWS – Windows 8 and Windows 7 (64 & 32 bit)
- IPAD – iPad2 or later is recommended. iOS 5 or above is required
More information: Novation’s website