Berlin, Germany – Tuesday 11, 2013: Zerodebug today released touchAble Mini app, available now on the App Store for iPhone and iPod touch. Following the release of the revamped touchAble 2 app for iPad , touchAble Mini app brings most of the popular features and flexible workflow of the acclaimed release to the screen of the iPhone and iPod touch. Users have now full control of Ableton Live 8 & 9 in the palm of their hand.
Taking advantage of the complete rewritten code of its big brother touchAble 2 for iPad, touchAble Mini offers a tight, flexible workflow that can be adjusted to suit any Ableton Live users needs, in a very portable format, making it the most appropriated controller for Live in any circumstances.
The App has been perfectly shrunk down to fit the size of the screens found on the iPhone and iPod touch, and some elements such as the Main menu have been specially redesigned to provide a quick access to all the functionalities provided in this powerful pocket version. Combined with its strong integration in Live, its six different modules (Clips, Mixer, Devices, Keys, Pads, XY Pad) and a MDI Clip Editor, touchAble Mini covers every control element of Live's session view in a very compact and elegant Interface.
Overview of TouchAble Mini
touchAble Mini is designed to provide a powerful, intuitive, reliable and portable multitouch control solution for professional use.
touchAble Mini for iPhone & iPod touch offers:
• Direct Access to Live’s Library: Exclusive to Live 9 users, touchAble allows users to browse through your library and add Audio effects, MIDI effects, Max-for-live devices and Live instruments to the track without having to touch your computer.
• Powerful MIDI clip editing capabilities: Developed for the touchscreen, the MIDI Editor allows for Live’s MIDI clips and patterns fast editing directly from your iPhone or iPod touch, complete with a set of powerful midi editing tools.The Drum Mode makes it easy to lay down a drum loop, while the Chord Mode allows for precise note placements and lengths.
MIDI Clip Editing in TouchAble Mini.
• Complete control of Ableton Live Session View: Launch Clips and Scenes, Solo and arm tracks. Fold/unfold group tracks. Access to any position in the set with the Overview feature. Create or delete Tracks, Scenes, Clips and even stop buttons - without ever touching the Computer.
• Smart Mixing tools: touchAble's Mixer lets you adjust Volumes, Sends and Pans, control the Crossfader section, and display all the values required including a very accurate level meter system. The intuitive snap mode and multiple controls per track make it the perfect tool for live performances as well as studio-use.
• Control of Live Devices, VSTs and Audiounits. : Intelligent Controls adapt to the type of control used in Live. Easy access and auto-mapping. Snap and Combo mode allow for quick control changes in Live situations. The interface makes navigation between banks or tracks very easy.
• MIDI Instruments: Users can play their favorite instrument banks, samples and VSTI with the Piano Keyboard or the Drumpad. Each of them include several performance features: switch the Scale, pitchweel, enable note- repeat or aftertouch or change the current octave & velocity. See what you are playing : Drum pads display and update name of slots. Create fantastic chord progressions and beautiful melodies with In-Key mode.
Drumpads in TouchAble Mini.
• Advanced XY Pad Module: The XY Pad gives you hands-on control of the effects applied; you can manually mix and match up to 12 parameters with 4 dots. Gravity Parameters on each of the dots let you create natural and interesting effects. Take Snapshots and restore them in an instant - or morph between them synced to the tempo. Quickly create complex LFO and automations using the intuitive gesture recorder. Use the Instant Mode for quick effects on the fly similar to the Kaoss Pad.
• Easy and reliable connection: The touchAble server provides a very fast and reliable wireless connection between the iPhone or iPod touch and the computer running Ableton Live, for both Mac and PC systems. It does not require any 3rd party software. Connecting to Ableton is very quick and easy. • Combine several touchAble sessions: Run an unlimited number of iPhones, iPads, iPads Mini and iPods with touchAble at the same time. Use touchAble Mini anywhere as your main controller of Ableton live, or run on as many iPads as you want simultaneously, allowing for enhanced control of multiple modules and multiple devices all at once.
• MIDI hardware connection: Combine the best of physical touch with the efficiency of multitouch screen by using the Apple camera connection kit usb adapter or any other MIDI interface for Apple IOS to plug a MIDI hardware controller into your iPhone or iPod touch. touchAble Mini can map several control functions such as Devices controllers, menus and module switches, providing the ultimate level of interaction.
Mixer in TouchAble Mini.
touchAble opens up a wide range of creative performance techniques beyond the typical knobs and faders paradigm. It takes a musical and seamless approach to controllerism, with all areas of the interface carefully designed and optimized for intuitive and efficient touch-screen operation as well as Ableton Live workflow. In short - it makes Live Sessions touchAble.
Pricing and Availability:
touchAble Mini for iPhone & iPod touch is available at introductory price of $9.99 / 8,99 euros from the App Store at www.itunes.com/appstore. touchAble 2 for iPad is $24,99 / 21,99 euros. For more information on touchAble Mini for iPhone & iPod touch or touchAble 2 for iPad , please visit www.touch-able.com
- IPhone 3GS / iPod touch 3rd Generation and above.
- iOS 5 or later
- Ableton Live 8 & Live 9 - Live 8.3 minimum required
- Mac OSX 10.5 and above or Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. * touchAble Server (downloadable for free http://www.touch-able/downloads)