Certainly one of the stars of NAMM 2018 was the Korg Prologue, an analog, polyphonic, 8/16-voice synthesizer that sounds impressive.
Let's get straight to the video from NAMM:
Korg Prologue Main Features
- 16/8-voice analog synthesizer circuit.
- Newly developed multi-engine equipped with three types: noise, VPM, and user.
- High-quality digital effects.ã€‚
- An open API (Application Programming Interface) for user-created oscillators and effectsã€‚
- Newly developed L.F. COMP. (Low Frequency Compressor) analog effect (prologue-16 only).
- Bi-timbre support.
- Voice modes that allow voices to be flexibly recombined.
- Arpeggiator equipped with a variety of types and range settings.
- Program Sort allows rapid access to 500 programs.
- Japanese-made high-quality natural touch keyboard.
- Oscilloscope function shows the waveform visually.
- Tough and stylish body made of aluminum and wood.
- Sync with another groove machine to enjoy jam sessions.
- Lineup includes a 16-voice 61-key model and an eight-voice 49-key model.
Price: Korg Prologue 8: $1499.99 | Korg Prologue 16: $1999.99
Available: January 2018