Bitwig have been busy. There's tons of new features and improvements in Bitwig Studio 2.3 from Phaser-4 to time signature improvements and everything else inbetween. We are given a tour by Bitwig at NAMM 2018:
A brief overview of the main new features in Bitwig Studio 2.3:
- Phase-4: four-oscillator synthesizer powered by phase modulation and phase distortion.
- Expanded Device View: let devices spread out further into space.
- Resonator Bank, Sampler, and Spectrum Analyzer: Get greater detail, explore waveforms, and control multiple parameters at once.
- Time Signature Changes: Add time signature markers in your arranger timeline.
- New and Improved Time-stretching: New highly acclaimed Elastique algorithms from zplane and enhanced Bitwig’s own Stretch and Stretch HD algorithms with two new ones: Slice and Cyclic.
- Instrument & Effect Selectors
- Voice Stacking: Create thick, lush sounds that were previously not possible.
- New Modulator: Voice Stack: The Voice Stack modulator can be used in conjunction with voice stacking for detailed mapping control of each voice in the stack.
- Sound Content Update: We are further expanding our sound content library with a selection of new factory presets.
The beta testing of Bitwig Studio 2.3 is starting soon. All owners of Bitwig Studio 2 will have access to the Bitwig Studio 2.3 Beta in their user account. The release of Bitwig Studio 2.3 is planned for End of February, 2018.