UAD always has some great new gear to show us when we catch up with them and this year is no different! The company has upgraded and updated its popular Apollo Twin DSP-powered audio interface with updated converters, increased dynamic range and lower noise, a quad core option bringing the lineup to three models : Solo, Duo and Quad. This is great news for people wanting to run even more of UAD's amazing but sometimes power-hungry plugins without taxing the computer's CPU. They have also added support for chaining up to four units together as well as Thunderbolt support for Windows 10.
Apollo Twin MkII Specifications
- Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
- Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
The updated model is available now and retails for $699 (Solo), $899 (Duo) and $1299 (Quad).
Read more about them here.