PreSonus has been showcasing a number of new products at NAMM 17 and one of the most interesting is its new Faderport 8 DAW controller. Cramming a lot of functionality into a small box, the unit makes clever use of contectuality to enable hardware controls to perform different tasks depending on the mode you are on. Faders for example can control volume, plugin editing, track sends or track panning.
The new Session Navigator allows you to put all your session navigation controls under the space of one hand for easier use. There are also features thay work specifically with the Studio One DAW. For other DAWs, the Mackie Control protocol is supported.
- 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 high-definition Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On/Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation
- Footswitch input for hands-free start/stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
Faderport 8 is shipping now and priced at $499.
Read more about it here.