CAMBRIDGE, MA — Wednesday, October 28, 2015. MOTU is now shipping the MicroBook® IIc, an updated version of the popular, award-winning personal studio interface for Mac and Windows known for its rugged metal construction, ultra-compact size and superior audio quality. As the "c" appended to its name implies, the MicroBook IIc is now USB audio class compliant, which means that users can connect it to an Apple® iPad® with a standard Apple camera adapter cable, giving them studio-grade audio I/O for their iPad music and audio apps.
"More and more musicians are turning to mobile systems, whether it's a laptop or iOS device, to do serious recording and production work," said Jim Cooper, Director of Marketing at MOTU. "The MicroBook IIc offers musicians the perfect combination of excellent analog audio quality, studio-grade connectivity and rugged, ultra-portable design and construction."
When connected to an iPad, the MicroBook IIc is powered by a standard Micro-B-to-Type-A USB cable with attached AC power adapter (both included). This helps preserve maximum battery life for the iPad. When connected to a Mac or PC, the MicroBook IIc is bus-powered by the USB connection to the computer. No separate power connection is necessary.
The MicroBook IIc inherits all of the advanced features of the MicroBook II, including:
- 8-bus digital mixer to route and mix live inputs with audio software tracks.
- Mic input with Precision Digital Trim™, 48V phantom power, and 20 dB pad.
- Guitar input with Precision Digital Trim.
- Stereo line input (1/4-inch or stereo mini).
- Stereo 1/4-inch balanced main outs, plus 1/8-inch mini line-level out.
- S/PDIF digital out at rates up to 96 kHz.
- Multi-band EQ, compressor, and test tone/noise generator.
- Instrument tuner and analysis tools, including FFT display and oscilloscope.
- AudioDesk 4 DAW software for Mac and Windows.
The MicroBook IIc is now shipping. Price is $249 USD.
For complete info on the web:
MicroBook IIc feature summary: