If you have a Novation Bass Station II then here's one way to make it better. Download the new Artist Pack (and while you're there check out the producer pack) - both are free.
At the heart of being a synthesist is developing your own patches – taking an initial waveform(s) and tweaking the available parameters to generate a customised sound that’s all yours.
We decided to put a call out to a handful of our Bass Station II artists to have them create some patches for a new soundpack.
Here’s the roster of analogue noodlers who got involved:
- Nite Jewel – LA-based producer, artist and serial collaborator
- Cian from Super Furry Animals, the kings of Welsh psychadelia
- Jeremy from Everything Everything, a guitar band from the UK who make weirdo indie for stadiums
- Jason Miles – uber Jazzer who programmed synths for Miles Davis and has a Grammy on his mantlepiece
- Victor Parris Mitchell – ghetto house legend
- Adam Freeland - head honcho of Marine Parade Records, DJ and one third of electronic band The Acid
Watch Jeremy from Everything Everything talk about the inspiration for one of his patches below:
And here's new Facebook-sensation MXXWLL taking a hands-on first look at the pack:
Go here to get the pack - see what’s possible, use it as inspiration for your own patches, or just grab the sounds and RUN!
Don't have a Bass Station II, and want a chance to win one (and an original Bass Station)? Enter this contest with Novation here: https://prpage.co/EBa/